British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nice-guy-accepts-own-offer-free-trip-airport-escape-nz-344627/)

Buzzy--Bee Dec 27th 2005 8:59 am

NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344602

New Zealand will miss you mate!!! :)

See you in Oz.

Cheers

Buzzy :D

Nice Guy Dec 27th 2005 10:56 am

Re: NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344602

New Zealand will miss you mate!!! :)

See you in Oz.

Cheers

Buzzy :D

Hi Buzzy—Bee

Please see my earlier posting on the Oz forum

Can’t be as presumptuous to say that NZ will miss me…….but I shall definitely miss NZ!

I will not, however, miss all the moaning minnies on the NZ part of the forum.

Does anyone want a lift?

Buzzy--Bee Dec 27th 2005 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hi Buzzy—Bee

Please see my earlier posting on the Oz forum

Can’t be as presumptuous to say that NZ will miss me…….but I shall definitely miss NZ!

I will not, however, miss all the moaning minnies on the NZ part of the forum.

Does anyone want a lift?

Thank you for accepting my posts in the manner in which they were intended! Well there are a lot of people living in NZ I'll wager who would love to be in your situation and forced to move to the Sunshine Coast.

In my humble opinion as one who has visited the sunshine coast twice, but not lived there, it's a great part of the world - not as commercial as the Gold Coast, close enough to Brisbane should you need any big city stuff. There are some amazing places there, Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba with it's gorgeous beach and cafe culture, and then further North you have some of my favourite bits of Queensland - Hervey Bay and Fraser Island. Also the coast is not as hot as inland - nice breezes etc.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Buzzy

sky Dec 27th 2005 7:53 pm

LOL thats soooo funny :D :D :D

Nice Guy Dec 27th 2005 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Thank you for accepting my posts in the manner in which they were intended! Well there are a lot of people living in NZ I'll wager who would love to be in your situation and forced to move to the Sunshine Coast.

In my humble opinion as one who has visited the sunshine coast twice, but not lived there, it's a great part of the world - not as commercial as the Gold Coast, close enough to Brisbane should you need any big city stuff. There are some amazing places there, Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba with it's gorgeous beach and cafe culture, and then further North you have some of my favourite bits of Queensland - Hervey Bay and Fraser Island. Also the coast is not as hot as inland - nice breezes etc.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Buzzy

Hi Buzzy—Bee

Thanks for the information. I agree there probably are several people in NZ who would like to have the opportunity to do as I am having to do.

There are probably several people who contribute to this shallow website that indeed can do as I am doing……however, they would prefer to sit and moan about their sad sorry lives stuck in nasty NZ or partaking in troll like behaviour.

sky Dec 27th 2005 9:08 pm

I'd offer you a lift but I'm on the other Island.

bookemjano Dec 27th 2005 9:11 pm

Hi Buzzy—Bee

Thanks for the information. I agree there probably are several people in NZ who would like to have the opportunity to do as I am having to do.

There are probably several people who contribute to this shallow website that indeed can do as I am doing……however, they would prefer to sit and moan about their sad sorry lives stuck in nasty NZ or partaking in troll like behaviour.

Good luck with Australia Nice Guy, hope you have a great time there and enjoy it as much as you did NZ. Is it a permanent move or are you hoping to come back here at some point?

Nice Guy Dec 27th 2005 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Good luck with Australia Nice Guy, hope you have a great time there and enjoy it as much as you did NZ. Is it a permanent move or are you hoping to come back here at some point?

Hi bookemjano and thanks for the kind words.

The contractual side has yet to be fully resolved but it appears it may be a valid proposition for 2 years with the possibility of extension to 5 years, I suppose after 5 years it could be argued that the position would be permanent.

What to do?

Sell up?

Rent our lovely house out incase it all goes tits up and we have to return?

Watch this space!

turkeytickler Dec 27th 2005 11:13 pm

well thats scuppered things for me a bit. i was going to ask you for a lift to the airport later in the year.

can you come back some time around march april to give me a hand? i can reciprocate by helping you pack now?

Nice Guy Dec 27th 2005 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
well thats scuppered things for me a bit. i was going to ask you for a lift to the airport later in the year.

can you come back some time around march april to give me a hand? i can reciprocate by helping you pack now?

Well well, that’s excellent news, so you leave in the next couple of days!

Superb!

I must take my hat off to you turkeytickler, I have always thought of you as being just another moaning minnie without the gumption or get-up-and-go to depart the NZ, the country that you have clearly stated you immensely dislike.

But to now state that you will be gone in the next couple of days, I salute you!

Thanks for the kind offer of helping to pack, but I will probably be here until May 2006 and as you are going.......

turkeytickler Dec 28th 2005 12:17 am

Well well, that’s excellent news, so you leave in the next couple of days!

Superb!

I must take my hat off to you turkeytickler, I have always thought of you as being just another moaning minnie without the gumption or get-up-and-go to depart the NZ, the country that you have clearly stated you immensely dislike.

But to now state that you will be gone in the next couple of days, I salute you!

Thanks for the kind offer of helping to pack, but I will probably be here until May 2006 and as you are going.......

Sorry that was a typo - later next year is what i meant, around March or April as I said - although May 2006 is not out of the question either so I will keep you posted as to my plans. Could we say at this stage that in principle you would like some help packing and we can all have a whip round later if I cant be there?

I am however taking a trip back to the UK for January and am leaving next thursday. Can you give me a lift to Christchurch Airport?

Nice Guy Dec 28th 2005 12:21 am

Sorry that was a typo - later next year is what i meant, around March or April as I said - although May 2006 is not out of the question either so I will keep you posted as to my plans. Could we say at this stage that in principle you would like some help packing and we can all have a whip round later if I cant be there?

I am however taking a trip back to the UK for January and am leaving next thursday. Can you give me a lift to Christchurch Airport?

Oh............so you are not off in the next couple of days......thanks for the clarity..................yawn.

turkeytickler Dec 28th 2005 12:24 am

Oh............so you are not off in the next couple of days......thanks for the clarity..................yawn.

well strictly speaking no, but within the week if only for a month well yes i am - so i now seem to be in the position where i have to repeat the question...

can i have a lift to the airport please?

Nice Guy Dec 28th 2005 12:47 am

well strictly speaking no, but within the week if only for a month well yes i am - so i now seem to be in the position where i have to repeat the question...

By your own admission you have made an error………..perfectly acceptable………..we are all human and each one of us has our own individual frailties.

But if you are returning to the UK for a month…..begs the question……why not stay there?

so i now seem to be in the position where i have to repeat the question...

As far as this bit goes I think I have explained on several occasions that the offer is valid for the North island only and as I see that you reside in Christchurch I am going to make the assumption there is only one Christchurch in NZ and that Christchurch is located in the South island.

Incidentally you may be interested to know that so far not one of the moaning minnies have take me up on the offer to the airport........................yawn.

turkeytickler Dec 28th 2005 12:53 am

By your own admission you have made an error………..perfectly acceptable………..we are all human and each one of us has our own individual frailties.

But if you are returning to the UK for a month…..begs the question……why not stay there?

As far as this bit goes I think I have explained on several occasions that the offer is valid for the North island only and as I see that you reside in Christchurch I am going to make the assumption there is only one Christchurch in NZ and that Christchurch is located in the South island.

Incidentally you may be interested to know that so far not one of the moaning minnies have take me up on the offer to the airport........................yawn.

thats a shame. I would have thought there would be people positively queuing to spend time in a enclosed space with you.

Every cloud has a silver lining though - I will be transitting through AKL however, could you perhaps give me some assistance getting my luggage from the domestic arrivals to the international departures terminal? In your car if you insist but on foot would be just as welcome.