British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Next Shipping to New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/next-shipping-new-zealand-655869/)

Psychopandy Feb 22nd 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Next Shipping to New Zealand

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8365974)
I'm 5'2" and am dreading having to buy jeans or trousers over here, I haven't seen any petite ranges anywhere.
I only really went to Next to buy the above mentioned legwear as they always fit so got to be worth the extra $15 to get them shipped over. I was starting to consider buying a sewing machine just to turn things up...stitching denim by hand is difficult and it never looks good!

Sewing machines are the way to go here thats for sure - if you can - DO x

I have seen dresses - like the long summer maxi dress - and if i hang the hanger over my neck i would say that in order to get the machine out and make them fit i would need to take about 6 inches off - and this isnt an exception to a rule - they are just normally like that - its like the NEXT 'tall' range!! and thats never gonna work for me!! x:eek:

mickey_d Feb 22nd 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8361589)
Next are shipping to New Zealand!! :thumbsup: Just been looking at their homepage and there it was!! :)
Decent clothes and homeware at last! :thumbup: Great news for all us Brits who cant live without Next.co.uk!! ;)

Been using them all the time we have been here!!! Friends & familly have been sending it over for us:;) MIL works next door to Next so we tend to get some great bargains!
We always get our lists in for Birthdays & Christmas.:rofl:
The only item of clothing I have bought here in nearly 4 years is a pair of jeans a couple of months ago & they are falling apart already:thumbdown:

dannigirl Feb 23rd 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Lee Lee (Post 8365893)
Thanks for getting back to me. I had a quick look on the NZ website but didn't go in to it too much I did notice it said delivery was only $15, so its even cheaper than we thought :)

Just be careful as I think the NZ site is in US dollars.

Lee Lee Feb 23rd 2010 11:38 am

[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Psychopandy (Post 8366046)
Sewing machines are the way to go here thats for sure - if you can - DO x

I have seen dresses - like the long summer maxi dress - and if i hang the hanger over my neck i would say that in order to get the machine out and make them fit i would need to take about 6 inches off - and this isnt an exception to a rule - they are just normally like that - its like the NEXT 'tall' range!! and thats never gonna work for me!! x:eek:

I have noticed over the time I've been on here that people dont really seem to rate the clothing you can buy over there. Are kiwi's extra tall then? I'm only 5'4" so I'll have the same problem by the sounds of it. Got me worried now... think I better have a good shopping spree before we leave :eek: ...shhh, I wont tell my hubby that though ;)

dannigirl - thanks for the tip, now you've mentioned it, I'm sure it did say us dollars

ukkiwi Feb 23rd 2010 2:47 pm

I'm 5'2" and am dreading having to buy jeans or trousers over here, I haven't seen any petite ranges anywhere.
I only really went to Next to buy the above mentioned legwear as they always fit so got to be worth the extra $15 to get them shipped over. I was starting to consider buying a sewing machine just to turn things up...stitching denim by hand is difficult and it never looks good!

sounds like an opportunity....

CindyGirl Feb 23rd 2010 11:50 pm

went on their today and very disappointed to see a small range available and its all in us dollars ,whats that all about .Come on Next ,get your act together .If M and S can do it theres no exscuse !

cappuccino Feb 24th 2010 6:01 am

Ballantynes do short/medium/long length trousers and jeans. Last week the manager told me that they sell 4 pairs of short length for every one pair of medium so I am amazed that other retailers haven't cottoned on to the fact that there are plenty of us 'vertically challenged' women living here.