Next?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Anyway, Ikea is the important one we should all be harrasing...
It's not Ikea you want to hassle, they tried to open a store in Auckland but the council stopped it because of fears that it would create too much traffic.

http://nominister.blogspot.com/2008/...ilton-for.html
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Next?

I think if big internationals like Gap and H&M have failed to make their way down here then there is little chance of getting Next here, which is fine by me as Next guys stuff is pretty awful!!

Thought there would be more chance of getting French Connection over here as they are already in Australia

Anyway, Ikea is the important one we should all be harrasing...
I never got what was so great about Next either...relatively expensive, made by slave labour in third world somewhere ...and my main bugbear...hardly anything on display in the shop...practically empty of stock or has it all changed since I left UK?
Bought a hoody type coat in Farmers this afternoon for child only NZ$19.99 I'm willing to bet it will hand-downable to a charity shop when he has outgrown it or lost it. The Warehouse kids stuff wears surprisingly well too considering how dirt cheap it is.....kids like t-shirts with daft slogans and pictures on them after all.
Let your kids choose their own clothes is what I say..you'll save a fortune lol.

You can get expensive designer stuff in mainstream and larger sizes but you don't need to...so it really isn't a reason not to emigrate....isolation might be a reason not to though.
Some do dress up ....I went to a corporate function recently where the dress code was 'business casual'....most women and a minority of the men were overdressed. Black was the predominant colour.....but I suspect that wasn't a typical cross-section of Kiwi society. I too was 'overdressed' as I knew what this bunch were like...my OH was in line with code courtesy of Line7 and M&S! One bloke thought 'business casual' was a suit and shirt without a tie. At the end of the day you can wear what you like here, except at school lol.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
One bloke thought 'business casual' was a suit and shirt without a tie. At the end of the day you can wear what you like here, except at school lol.
Depending on the company that is business casual - certainly in the banking industry in London. Chinos and a polo shirt or jeans are not acceptable.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Next?

Our daughter is coming over from NZ in two weeks to England for a holiday - she is bringing 1 summer T Shirt and then whizzing to M & S (Per Una) and Next after she has got over her jetlag to stock up on summer tops and trousers for her holiday.

We are emigrating ourselves in the next year or so - so want Marks and Spencer's and Next to open lots of shops in New Zealand before we arrive there. Hope they are reading this!!!!

I have just spent a small fortune yesterday on buying clothes for my 2 grandchildren who live in New Zealand (from M & S and Next) and will post them out to them tomorrow. When the summer/winter sales arrive in England I always buy them their next years clothes and post them out to NZ. Even with the postage it works out cheaper as they last for years and are of very good quality - everyone of their friends wears them after they have grown out of them - recyling to the max over there.

Paula

Last edited by Paula2007; Jun 14th 2009 at 11:25 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Our daughter is coming over from NZ in two weeks to England for a holiday - she is bringing 1 summer T Shirt and then whizzing to M & S (Per Una) and Next after she has got over her jetlag to stock up on summer tops and trousers for her holiday.

We are emigrating ourselves in the next year or so - so want Marks and Spencer's and Next to open lots of shops in New Zealand before we arrive there. Hope they are reading this!!!!

I have just spent a small fortune yesterday on buying clothes for my 2 grandchildren who live in New Zealand (from M & S and Next) and will post them out to them tomorrow. When the summer/winter sales arrive in England I always buy them the next years clothes and post them out to NZ. Even with the postage it works out cheaper as they last for years and are very good quality - everyone of their friends wears them after they have grown out of them - recyling to the max over there.

Paula
M&S now deliver to New Zealand if you go onto their website, its a £20 charge, may even be cheaper than mailing it all out yourself
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

M&S now deliver to New Zealand if you go onto their website, its a £20 charge, may even be cheaper than mailing it all out yourself
And only recently there was a promo for free shipping if the order was more than £80 and it include sale items.