Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

in newzealand whats auckland like?

in newzealand whats auckland like?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in newzealand whats auckland like?

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Auckland is ok though, once you realise that the city centre is rubbish and get out to the burbs....
love what you've said mr bru... that's absolutely positively true though

You surely is a sophisticated lad ~
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Although I prefer living in Auckland to other parts of NZ, I agree that the city centre is terrible. It must be one of the dullest city centres on the planet. I remember the day we arrived and us running around trying to find the heart of Auckland and it was nowhere to be seen!

But, you have to go further out and about to find the pleasant areas to live. The city centre is just a container port with shops on the side.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
Although I prefer living in Auckland to other parts of NZ, I agree that the city centre is terrible. It must be one of the dullest city centres on the planet. I remember the day we arrived and us running around trying to find the heart of Auckland and it was nowhere to be seen!

But, you have to go further out and about to find the pleasant areas to live. The city centre is just a container port with shops on the side.
I just think a civillized person can't stand being in JAFAland. It's as Simple as That

Not only _deadly dull_ also messy, totally disorganized, characterless, souless and lack of intelligence

and

more importantly

ppl are unattractive..........the way they talk, the way they behaviour

Thanks god - I definitely don't have (and probably never will) an unsexy Kiwi accent and/or I am from here originally.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 21st 2009 at 4:25 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:48 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away too long, what/where is JAFAland?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jmh
I've been away too long, what/where is JAFAland?
Its the place where all the JAFAs live
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:35 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
Its the place where all the JAFAs live
You mean those orange flavoured chocolate things?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Just Another Friendly Aucklander (though some people like to substitute the Friendly for another F word)

Last edited by CCGM.IN.NZ; Apr 21st 2009 at 8:43 pm. Reason: typo:(
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I just think a civillized person can't stand being in JAFAland. It's as Simple as That

Not only _deadly dull_ also messy, totally disorganized, characterless, souless and lack of intelligence

and

more importantly

ppl are unattractive..........the way they talk, the way they behaviour

Thanks god - I definitely don't have (and probably never will) an unsexy Kiwi accent and/or I am from here originally.
I'm pretty civilized, housetrained, smart and look ok in a misty light and i love Auckland
Life's what you make it and I have a great job, great friends and live in a nice neighbourhood that's near enough to beaches and bush.
People bag Auckland but it's great and diverse too
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

anglosurman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Though I haven't met any brummies in GH
Brummies there is not many ut here ive been here 2yrs ive met 5 ony 2 true brummies how thy passed immigration i dont know probably th same way i did lol Auckland much better than brum thats all i need to say
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10569061

We love it here where we live, its so beautiful.... today the tide was in and a haze over the sea... simply stunning. We live in such a beautiful part of the world and feel very lucky to be here.