British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   in newzealand whats auckland like? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/newzealand-whats-auckland-like-604183/)

crap coffee Apr 21st 2009 7:06 am

Re: in newzealand whats auckland like?

Originally Posted by irnbru14 (Post 7498541)
Auckland is ok though, once you realise that the city centre is rubbish and get out to the burbs.... :thumbup:

love what you've said mr bru... :thumbup: that's absolutely positively true though ;)

You surely is a sophisticated lad ~ :rofl: :thumbup:

whitesand Apr 21st 2009 2:26 pm

Although I prefer living in Auckland to other parts of NZ, I agree that the city centre is terrible. It must be one of the dullest city centres on the planet. I remember the day we arrived and us running around trying to find the heart of Auckland and it was nowhere to be seen!

But, you have to go further out and about to find the pleasant areas to live. The city centre is just a container port with shops on the side.

crap coffee Apr 21st 2009 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by whitesand (Post 7499893)
Although I prefer living in Auckland to other parts of NZ, I agree that the city centre is terrible. It must be one of the dullest city centres on the planet. I remember the day we arrived and us running around trying to find the heart of Auckland and it was nowhere to be seen!

But, you have to go further out and about to find the pleasant areas to live. The city centre is just a container port with shops on the side.

I just think a civillized person can't stand being in JAFAland. It's as Simple as That

Not only _deadly dull_ also messy, totally disorganized, characterless, souless and lack of intelligence

and

more importantly

ppl are unattractive..........the way they talk, the way they behaviour

Thanks god - I definitely don't have (and probably never will) an unsexy Kiwi accent and/or I am from here originally.

jmh Apr 21st 2009 7:48 pm

I've been away too long, what/where is JAFAland?

CCGM.IN.NZ Apr 21st 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 7500972)
I've been away too long, what/where is JAFAland?

Its the place where all the JAFAs live:thumbsup:

jmh Apr 21st 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ (Post 7501070)
Its the place where all the JAFAs live:thumbsup:

You mean those orange flavoured chocolate things?:confused:

CCGM.IN.NZ Apr 21st 2009 8:42 pm

:rofl: Just Another Friendly Aucklander :thumbsup: (though some people like to substitute the Friendly for another F word:ohmy:)

pricklykina Apr 22nd 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by crap coffee (Post 7500055)
I just think a civillized person can't stand being in JAFAland. It's as Simple as That

Not only _deadly dull_ also messy, totally disorganized, characterless, souless and lack of intelligence

and

more importantly

ppl are unattractive..........the way they talk, the way they behaviour

Thanks god - I definitely don't have (and probably never will) an unsexy Kiwi accent and/or I am from here originally.

I'm pretty civilized, housetrained, smart and look ok in a misty light and i love Auckland
Life's what you make it and I have a great job, great friends and live in a nice neighbourhood that's near enough to beaches and bush.
People bag Auckland but it's great and diverse too

anglosurman Apr 28th 2009 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 7494910)
:rofl: Though I haven't met any brummies in GH :confused:

Brummies there is not many ut here ive been here 2yrs ive met 5 ony 2 true brummies how thy passed immigration i dont know probably th same way i did lol Auckland much better than brum thats all i need to say :lol:

SarahB Apr 28th 2009 10:14 am

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10569061

We love it here where we live, its so beautiful.... today the tide was in and a haze over the sea... simply stunning. We live in such a beautiful part of the world and feel very lucky to be here.:)