Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A 'newsworthy' article

A 'newsworthy' article

Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:42 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default A 'newsworthy' article

I hope that the majority of the readers of this forum will understand the irony of this last paragraph. Trevor Mallard should be held accountable for his hypocrisy..

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-sto...ata-residents/

This link comes with a disclaimer - I'm not looking to start a row here, its just something I came across, after I'd read about a sheep in Tauranga getting its jaw blown off by fireworks - by 17 year old students

Last edited by Littletoe; Apr 20th 2009 at 9:45 pm. Reason: wanted to add how the sheep got its jaw blown off in case people wrongly assumed it had wandered accidentally
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A 'newsworthy' article

ROFLMAO!

Blind prejudice? What a dork!

And what about the Wainouimata Principal who says the Motel Owner was "unreasonable"? Do you really think so?

How rude of the motel owner to expect decent behaviour that wont disturb his property or the other guests. This guy is the principal of a High School, and even he wont accept responsibility for the problem, something that is very common in NZ.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:28 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
.... its just something I came across, after I'd read about a sheep in Tauranga getting its jaw blown off by fireworks - by 17 year old students
so they've got the scumbags what did that? I heard the guy from SPCA on the radio last night and he was hoping that someone would dob them in it.
good on the snitch is all I can say.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Wainuiomata is a largish area and not everyone who lives there is a problem. So silly choice of words for the Manager to make. My friend's uncle who is 80 and lives there would not be a problem at the motel.

Would like to know exactly what he said though.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:15 am
Just Joined

ryanwain is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing what he actually said as well.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God did you see that crap on Close Up tonight with that dickhead Henry?

Assassinated this motel owner, first up introducing him as "aussie" and then shredding him.

Appalling television, quite embarassing.
yes the motel owner was wrong to ban "all of Wainui", but the pathetic kiwis have played the race card again in a ridiculous way. Would they have done that if the hotelier had been a kiwi?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

And then the TV1 news stories tonight at 10:30..

- Sheep gets blown up by firework
- Hotel Owner bans people from Wainui
- So and So wins "Dancing with the Stars"
- Someone says aliens do exist and are watching us

What a load of rubbish.
Richard Dimbleby eat your heart out.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:29 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

No, if it were a Kiwi owner, no way would there be this interest. I can't understand why the media are fanning these flames though.

I'm heading up there in a couple of days, I'll be sure to look for the guys with mullets waving pitchforks in the air. Oh no wait, its PN, that's not going to make them easily indentifiable!

Can you imagine if the Motel owner was of Asian descent? The motel would be easy to spot with the 10 fire engines surrounding the smouldering building!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:32 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Browner_
And then the TV1 news stories tonight at 10:30..

- Sheep gets blown up by firework
- Hotel Owner bans people from Wainui
- So and So wins "Dancing with the Stars"
- Someone says aliens do exist and are watching us

What a load of rubbish.
Richard Dimbleby eat your heart out.
You make it sound more highbrow than usual - with the sheep being first. I'd have thought the dancing with stars thing would take precedence
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if some of you were watching the same close up that I was but I did get a giggle about the love seat being used as a naughty stool for dive boombing in the pool. Now that tickled my facncy.

Actually the owner of the motel is an Aussie and the Manager is a Scottie.

IMHO ther should be some cheap rates going there before long. That's if you fancy a weekend in Palmy.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littletoe
You make it sound more highbrow than usual - with the sheep being first. I'd have thought the dancing with stars thing would take precedence
I wasnt really watching it, only listening whilst typing, so I dont think the stories were in that order. But does it matter??????? Heaven forbid they should report any real news.

Watch out for tomorrow's big news story - A Japanese man says he doesnt like Queenstown!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
I wasnt really watching it, only listening whilst typing, so I dont think the stories were in that order. But does it matter??????? Heaven forbid they should report any real news.

Watch out for tomorrow's big news story - A Japanese man says he doesnt like Queenstown!

I am really suprised that you would want facts browner
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I am really suprised that you would want facts browner
Go on hit me with the punchline
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you want to stay in a motel anyway? He's done them a favour.

Seriously unless your favoured activity includes cheap whores and booze, book a hotel room.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The motel owner is probably going to find his company will now receive the same PR as the owner of the hire car company who charged the family who lost their 2 sons at the glacier ...

It was in a small way comforting to read our local Bay of Plenty Times over the last 2 days full of letters from local residents, particularly kids, to the Ranger of Mauao (Mount Maunganui) expressing their condolences and disbelief of the treatment of the sheep. The 3 teens from Auckland area were in Tauranga court today pleading not guilty to animal cruelty.

Perhaps neither are really "newsworthy" but then having spent 10 years in Cornwall () the local news coverage and papers were exactly the same. Perhaps the difference in NZ is that it is all bunged in together - there is no local news? Just a thought ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.