Newcomers Network

Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Twirlywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcomers Network

Hi we have been in chch now for 2 months and have found the Newcomers Network Selwyn District great. We are in Rolleston and the group there have really helped us. We didn`t know anyone when we arrived like alot of families and the support and friendship from the people involved has been a blessing. They have regular coffee mornings which has enabled me personally to make friends and build up confidence. They provide you with contacts ranging from anything to do with school to where to go for things to do with home or work or car , or to babysitting to make sure you are looked after. And if they don`t know they will know someone who can advise you. When you don`t have your own family around there support has been 1st to none. It is not only for brits but for anyone new coming to the district.They aim to help you feel at home and settle into your new enviroment, and I can honestly say they have helped us heaps.If you would like to know more pm me and I shall give you their phone numbers.
Dawn