Newcomer

Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice
Smile Newcomer

Hi everyone.
Have just signed onto this site and looking forward to making some new friends.
My name is Dei, married to Bob. We moved to NZ in 2006 from The Sand Pit (Middle East.) We are located in North Canterbury and love it here.
I am a RN (Paediatrics) and Bob is a Medical Photographer.
We have a very small circle of friends and would love to meet anyone in the area that is keen to chat about life as an expat in NZ and maybe get together for some social time.
Our interests are, the great outdoors, BBQ's, dinning out, Gardening, Cooking,Tramping, Fly Fishing (Him!) meeting new people and social get together's.
We are 50'ish fun loving and young at heart.
Look forward to chatting.
Dei.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomer

Hi Dei,

Welcome to BE. I am sure you will make lots of friends here. We've got a terrific bunch of members and I know you will enjoy getting to know everyone.

It sounds like you are enjoying your new life in New Zealand.

I am a site admin, so if you have any questions about any of the site functions please give me a shout.

Sue
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:14 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you Dei & welcome to the site. Afraid am no use to you at the moment as we are still in the UK, waiting on the elusive house sale .

Just wanted to say hi and welcome really

Dewb
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcoem to this little NZ forum.

Have a look at the meet-ups section or maybe start a thread in there.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

Hi Dewb,
Thanks for the Welcome!
Good luck with the house sale.
We sold our house in two weeks!!! (back in 2006) But it then took almost two years to sort out the paerwork!!!!!
But it was worth it in the end.
When do you plan to arrive?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:38 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honeybug
Hi Dewb,
Thanks for the Welcome!
Good luck with the house sale.
We sold our house in two weeks!!! (back in 2006) But it then took almost two years to sort out the paerwork!!!!!
But it was worth it in the end.
When do you plan to arrive?
Cheers Dei

Ah the good old days of 2006 eh? mind you my neighbour sold hers in 6 weeks, but did take a low offer. She had been there yonks and is virtually mortgage free so all equity for her.

Really we are dependant on house sale. Although the hubster has to officially hand in his notice at work. We have to wait until end of feb as his manager advised not to do it before hand as it will affect his bonus There is a very real chance for us that he will have to work 3 months notice which then (if we sold house) would take us to June being the earliest to coming over. Starting to worry though what if he hands in his notice & the house still has not sold in the 3 months notice period

All a mighty juggling act really

Sorry sort of went off on one

Dewb

Last edited by Dewb09; Feb 7th 2010 at 9:41 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Newcomer

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a quick house sale. Summer is always a good time to sell!!
If you do make it out in June don't forget your woolies!! they are predicting that NZ will be hot on the tale of Europe and in for a harsh winter!
Keep us posted.
Dei.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dei & Bob, Welcome from us too
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honeybug
Hi everyone.
Have just signed onto this site and looking forward to making some new friends.
My name is Dei, married to Bob. We moved to NZ in 2006 from The Sand Pit (Middle East.) We are located in North Canterbury and love it here.
I am a RN (Paediatrics) and Bob is a Medical Photographer.
We have a very small circle of friends and would love to meet anyone in the area that is keen to chat about life as an expat in NZ and maybe get together for some social time.
Our interests are, the great outdoors, BBQ's, dinning out, Gardening, Cooking,Tramping, Fly Fishing (Him!) meeting new people and social get together's.
We are 50'ish fun loving and young at heart.
Look forward to chatting.
Dei.
Hi and welcome to the forum, there are plenty of people on here who are in and about Canterbury areas so you will have no probs in peeps saying hi