NEWCOMER

Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough
Red face NEWCOMER

Im moving with my husband to NZ in September.Its exciting and frightening .Any tips to make it as less traumatic and as less stressful as possible will be helpful. Also any recommended container companies would be useful.
Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: NEWCOMER

Hi
Welcome
we are due out in two weeks, moving to Hamilton.
Where are you heading?

Jan
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: NEWCOMER

Hi Jan,
We're going to Tauranga which is in the Bay of Plenty.
Have you got any tips on how not to get stressed out about it all?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NEWCOMER

Many of us found and more very helpful.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I must agree with bev plenty and I have found that this site does answer any questions you may have you can usually find an answer somewhere on here. I'm pretty stressed at the moment as have been told our
visa now may not be ready so having to pay extra for temporary visa's for all of us.

Hope everything goes well
Jan
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

smiler1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi new comer
we hope to be flying out to wellington by the 17th sept, the house still not finalised but the packers still provisionaly booked for the 20th august and we both still working till 3rd sept!!!!! stressed is the under statement esp today...... been shopping and my 7 yr old just cost me £50 in parking fine as she put the wrong bit in the bin!!!!!:curse: thats just the begining.. try crown relocation as a packing company.. not the cheapest.. infact the most expensive but seemed the best and up to now been very helpful

good luck
smiler1
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone that answered,
I agree would be helpful.
Im working until the 15th September and hope to leave a couple of days after that,I start my job on the 1st October,
Mind you i havent got my work visa yet but whose worried:
I have Brittania coming out on Thursday to give us a price, they were recommended and I now have to organise for my cats to go.. hey ho !!think its cheaper transporting kids but I havent got any, at least my cats dont cost me in parking fines Smiler 1.
Anyway Its nice to know Im not the only one who's stressed,Ill sleep easily tonight knowing that[hopefully]
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask where are you going to live Smiler 1?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: NEWCOMER

Hi everyone

We are due to land in auckland on 22nd aug just been told our visa's not going to be ready in time So have now had to try and organise temp visa's.(extra cash of course:curse The container is also due arrive even before we get there and had booked accommodation for 3 weeks?????

On top of this we still need to sell our car before we go out but never mind I have just opened a bottle so will probably sleep tonight!!

Jan
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jan ,
I thought I was on a tight deadline but its nice to know there are others out ther just like me.
My container will probably arrive about two months after we get there as I havent ordered it yet, at least yours will be waiting for you.Think I might have the same probs with visas as you too.Never mind it will all be worth it.Where are you going to live?
Ive just made a cuppa cos Im up at 6 30 but I would much prefer a bottle of or two or three.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Silly me, I ve just seen your going to Hamilton from Hull Think Id better have ait might make me more sensible
Liz
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:44 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pauliz
Silly me, I ve just seen your going to Hamilton from Hull Think Id better have ait might make me more sensible
Liz
Hi Liz,

We are in Papamoa, tauranga and have been here 4 months now and love it!! We used Brittania too and have no complaints there! Also flew 2 dogs over! What is it you do? Any questions on the move or area ask away!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Am Loolah Fairy,

Im a mental health nurse and have a job in Tauranga hospital.What do you do? Im really pleased to hear your positive remarks about Tauranga
We are coming completely blind as we have never been to Tauranga although we have been to other parts and the nearest I guess was Rotorua.
Im sure I will have lots of questions for you especially as you are in the same place where we will be living.
Ive been looking at the suburbs but will obviously wait until we get there before we decide where to settle.
We have two cats and want to fly them over too,who did you use?
Are you in rented or have you already bought property? See Ive already started with the questions, you may be sorry you got involved :curse:

Liz
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pauliz
Hello Am Loolah Fairy,

Im a mental health nurse and have a job in Tauranga hospital.What do you do? Im really pleased to hear your positive remarks about Tauranga
We are coming completely blind as we have never been to Tauranga although we have been to other parts and the nearest I guess was Rotorua.
Im sure I will have lots of questions for you especially as you are in the same place where we will be living.
Ive been looking at the suburbs but will obviously wait until we get there before we decide where to settle.
We have two cats and want to fly them over too,who did you use?
Are you in rented or have you already bought property? See Ive already started with the questions, you may be sorry you got involved :curse:

Liz
Hi Liz,

We used Airpets Oceanic who we found to be wonderful, dealt with just the one person from initial email enquiry, through to dropping them off at the airport kennels! They also liaised with our vet when he started being an arse about my taking their pooh samples?!
We rented a fully furnished holiday home for the first 8 weeks which meant we didn't have to camp, which with 2 dogs and 4 kids I wasn't prepared to do! We then spent ages looking at every 4 bed house in the area for sale and eventually, having upped the budget, we found something we liked! Your problem with renting will be the cats, but having said that it'll stil be easier than dogs!
I work, Hubby is house husband which suits us both.

Obviously we live the other side of the bridge from Tuaranga, but if you have any questions about suburbs over that way I can probably answer from the little I know! Have you shortlisted any areas in particular?

Are you getting nervous yet?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

hi Am Loolah Fairy,

Thanks for the advice re Airpets,Ill get in touch with them.
You live on the other side of the Bridge,what Bridge?????? Trip trap,trip trap, over the bridge! Billy Goat Gruff springs to mind!!![maybe youre too young to know that story?}
Actually I have no idea whereabouts the hospital is ,I always was rubbish at geography!:curse: but it will be a new challenge and we'll have about a week to find somewhere.Ive always got the nurses accommodation but I dont think they'll put hubby up, although Im sure he would love to live there ,all those young nurses in uniform.Maybe your previous landlord would let to us and our mogs.Can you reccommend any rental agencies?
I read your blog about the dog poo,youre a girl after my own heart.I had emailed a friend telling him that I needed to collect faecal samples[havent got there yet!] I said I was sure to mix the two up and will have to be on Cat Crap Patrol for a while,I mean they arent like dogs where you can take them for a walk around your local neighourhood where they would be guaranteed to crap where they shouldnt BUT at least youd get your samples. Mind you I ve collected a few human samples over the years and I ve had to follow them around so it shouldnt be too hard!
Nervous me? Nah, just an emotional wreck,I break out in tears everytime I mention going .I was in a senior meeting yesterday and told my peers,Yes the tears where flowing big style but I ve been there 26 years and Im past getting embarrassed.Today Im having a staff meeting and telling my staff[Ive told selected chosen ones and sworn them to secrecy or Ill sack them,oops! Joke joke[never know whose listening in]
I have looked at some places but I cant remember how to spell them, otomoeti?? Ill look them up again and let you know.
Thanks again for your offer of help,youre certainly a good role model,1 hubby,4 kids and 2 dogs all moved to the other side of the world.If you can do it then so can I ,I think????? is that the nerves kicking in??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.