Newby Alert

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

paddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nice
Default Newby Alert

Hi were paddyandshell
Just starting out on the long road to WP route, Don't know a great deal about anything at the moment.
Paddy's a tanker driver in the UK
we've two girls 18 and 14, i'm a bit worried about the eldest and her coming with us, she's starting uni in september and has a steady boyfriend and i know she's gonna freak when we tell her it looks like were on the move..
Please Help i'm in turmoil
Shell
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Red face Re: Newby Alert

Hi Shell

I'm pretty new to this too , So can't offer much advise

But I know what you mean about uprooting your kids

I've got 4 of them - The 2 youngest are fine & think it's a big adventure (they are 9 & 14 )

My 2 big boys are 17 & 20 - so I thought they would say " NO WAY"
But luckily the eldest split up with his girlfriend a few months ago (hoping we can move before he finds another one ) His boss at work told him to go for it - But if he doen't like NZ - then there will always be a job for him - so he feels like he's got nothing to lose

Hope your kids come round to the idea , they can be soooo head strong at that age , can't they ?

GOOD LUCK Love Alice xxxxxx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

paddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nice
Default Re: Newby Alert

It's so difficult to decide if your doing the right thing or not

I'm so confused, I can't explain why, i want to go for it but i'm frightened of the unknown...

We were originally looking into going to Australia, we have family there and have visited many times and we felt comfortable with the fact of making the move, it's looking more unlikely that truck drivers will ever get in there.

New Zealand, to be truthful it's not somewhere we had not given much thought to, or know much about but with the offer of work do we go for it?
Paddy's going to be 45 soon, have we left it too late

I'm sure there are so many more in the same position as us, would it have made a difference if the girls had been younger would we have jumped at the chance.

Im sure i'd feel more confident if the girls we're happy with it all, The eldest won't even talk about it,
The youngest is going to live with the eldest
That would be fun, to say the argue is an understatement

You are so right Alice they are very head strong at that age

shell
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:26 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and happy posting!!
Karma to help you feel at home here
Karen X
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice

Originally Posted by paddyandshell
Hi were paddyandshell
Just starting out on the long road to WP route, Don't know a great deal about anything at the moment.
we've two girls 18 and 14, i'm a bit worried about the eldest and her coming with us, she's starting uni in september and has a steady boyfriend and i know she's gonna freak when we tell her it looks like were on the move..
Shell
Hi Shell !!

I'm feeling the same at the moment ! Should we ? Or shouldn't we ?

Up until now it was me who wanted to go so much - now I'm thinking WHY?
We've got a good standard of living at the moment - we go abroad on holiday twice a year - I've got a nice car to drive ( Alfa romeo) my hubby's got a van for work - He's a self employed joiner & doing quite well at the moment -
so I don't have to work at the moment - My 2 big boys are working & doing well -We've got a beautiful 4 bedroom house - So WHY do I want to move to the other side of the world ?

I just feel it seems a better way of life - If we don't go - Will I always be thinking WHAT IF ?

If you've got a job offer - GO FOR IT - if the worse comes to to worse you can always come back!!!!

We haven't got a job offer yet - but Joiners/carpenters are on the skilled shortage list - so we should be accepted

My hubby is very sensible & won't consider selling up & moving to a country he's never seen ! So we've booked an holiday for October - flying to christchurch - hiring a camper van to tour around - Flying back from Auckland

Have you considered a holiday 1st ? If you took your girls they might love the place & then be happy to move !!

But when your in love at that age - It seems the end of the world to leave your boyfriend doesn't it ? Can't he come with you ?

Sorry - I'm just thinking out aloud - how I might deal with the situation - I babble on too much !!!

Hope to hear from you soon - Love Alice xxxxxxxx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paddyandshell
Hi were paddyandshell
Shell
hi paddyandshell,
i know what you mean about feelings, emotions are a strange and strong thing. me my hubby and 2 daughters who are 12 and 9 are thinking of moving to new zealand next year. my hubby is a joiner and i work in a bar at the moment but have just done a diploma in psychology but i have no experiance. when i told my daughters there were tears at first even ive cried as my nana who is 88 this year is really special to us all and i have to look on the basis that once i get on that plane i might never see her again, but my nan told me to go for it id be stupid not too.
my girls are now loving the idea but i dont think they realise what a basic life style we will be having, at the moment they have tv's in thier rooms and playstations ect but they dont have a life where they can play out as we live on a busy road they cant really go playing out in the streets.
my hubby has been to nz but i havent but we are going over once things are on the move to look for work, schools ect.
i can see where your going with older children they are very dependant but why not suggest that thier boyfriend could come over on a six month working visa if they wanted and see how things work from there.
i hope it all goes well with you im still feeling dubious, terrified some days thinking im going to be a billy no mates when im over there and panicing about everything, but deep in my heart i know im doing the right thing and if it doesnt work out at least we tried, but im keeping positive that it will work out.
keep with it im sure it will be good in the end.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Paddyandshell.
Welcome to the forum. Send you some karma to get you started and look forward to seeing your posts on the main forum.