Newby

Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

RodandEm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newby

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself and partner.

We are hoping to visit NZ towards the end of the year with a view to hopefully moving out there (if allowed !!)

Currently doing some research. We are both very determined to make the "jump", having grown increasingly fed up in the south east of the uk in the last few years.

My partner is a (very good!) primary school teacher, whilst I am in Administration though hope to seek a new career out in NZ, whether it be by just hard work, or studying etc. I have been suffering from depression for a while now and am eager to start afresh, and get some sort of career going having just turned 25 and for the first time feeling a bit old(er!).

NZ seems the perfect place for both of us to pursue our dreams and get out of a rut which seems to have been going on for far too long !!

We also hope to start a family once we are settled.

This site seems perfect for us, though its going to take a while to trawl through everything.

Its nice to be here anyway. And hopefully this can help us on our journey, and we can return the favour in the process.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

wardiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newby

Welcome to the forum. It really is a good, everybody seems to give their honest opinion, which is sometimes negative, but at least you have an idea of the possible pitfalls. My husband and I plus 3 children and the cat are hopefully moving out to Auckland some time this year. My husband has a job offer so we are just waiting to sell the house.

I know what you mean about feeling like your in a rut, we felt exactly the same way and did not relish bringing up the children in the UK so thats why we decided to take the plunge.

The forum has highlighted possible problem areas, such as the fiancial side of life over in NZ, which has made us look at it all a lot more realistically rather than just thinking the UK is crap lets go to NZ it looks great.

Again welcome, enjoy yourself just don't get the people already in NZ talking about the state of sausages or the lack of Ben and Jerrys icecream over there.

Lisa
Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you like it out here and that everything goes ahead with your move.

We've lived here for 10 months now (hasnt that gone quick!! Still havnt taken my driving theory test! ).... we still get homesick sometimes but generally we do love living here. Its not without its problems but where is?

...and as for the sausages..... well the less said about them the better! hehe
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RodandEm
Hi,

We are hoping to visit NZ towards the end of the year with a view to hopefully moving out there (if allowed !!)

Currently doing some research. We are both very determined to make the "jump", having grown increasingly fed up in the south east of the uk in the last few years.

My partner is a (very good!) primary school teacher, whilst I am in Administration though hope to seek a new career out in NZ, whether it be by just hard work, or studying etc. I have been suffering from depression for a while now and am eager to start afresh, and get some sort of career going having just turned 25 and for the first time feeling a bit old(er!).

NZ seems the perfect place for both of us to pursue our dreams and get out of a rut which seems to have been going on for far too long !!

This site seems perfect for us, though its going to take a while to trawl through everything.

Its nice to be here anyway. And hopefully this can help us on our journey, and we can return the favour in the process.
Hi and welcome!
Well, immigrating is many things, but it is never boring, so you wont feel stuck in a rut when you go through the hoops of immiigrating. and the process doesnt stop when you finally arrive in the country either, so you are signing up for a long ride...

You can look at the immigration website to check out how many points you ahve etc, and also you could find out if there are registration requirements for teachers and how to get registered if there are. Sorry i cant help you there

NBZ isnt perfect but it has a lot going for it, I guess the secret of being happy migrants is to have realistic expectations from the start.

NZ certainly ranks high up there when it comes to being a good place to raise kids, and really the country has a lot to offer, but its up to everyone to make th emost of it.

have fun, and dont get too stressed by it all..
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Newby

Hi,

Hello, just wanted to say that we've got loads of advice & info off the people on this forum. They're a really informative & friendly bunch. I'm really looking foward to my move to NZ. Good luck to you with it all
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Welcome Rod and Em!!!!!

Good luck with your migration process!!!!

Dave
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice

Hi, wishing you all the best with the process.....
We have learned lots from this forum, and it has helped us be prepared so that everything has gone "relatively" smoothly.
Everything from being prepared for the medical, to how to get your mobile phone to work !!
It is certainly the quickest way to get help and info. and you can have a laugh and make friends too.
Our family will be setting off shortly after poppet's clan....so hopefully you'll not be long behind....
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:48 am
Just Joined

thanks everyone !

its scary to think how quickly its going to start happening. it is definately time to move on though.

we live in a massive house but rent, and have to share with someone else for money reasons (tho it really is big enough for all of us !). its time now that we lived alone, and the town we are in (tunbridge wells) really doesn't have much going for it.

just wanted to use this smiley, as it seems appropriate and i just noticed it !

:scared:
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Newby

Hi guys,

Good luck with immigration. You've started well by finding this forum. I wish I had found this EIGHT years ago.

Tumbridge Wells isn't that bad! We used to go there for our christmas shopping. We came from Eastbourne.

My best advice to anyone coming over here is this. Write down all the things that tick you off about Britain before you arrive here. Stick it on your fridge, and everytime you get fed up with life here in NZ read through it.

And give it at least two years, anything less is a waste of time. Don't sell your house if possible, rent it out. We did and although I did wonder what the hell we were doing at times, we did make enough to buy outright here. Plus if it all turns to custard (kiwi saying) you still have a house to move back to.

Again good luck.

Kooga

thanks everyone !

its scary to think how quickly its going to start happening. it is definately time to move on though.

we live in a massive house but rent, and have to share with someone else for money reasons (tho it really is big enough for all of us !). its time now that we lived alone, and the town we are in (tunbridge wells) really doesn't have much going for it.

just wanted to use this smiley, as it seems appropriate and i just noticed it !

:scared:
Old Mar 30th 2006, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

thanks.

tunbridge wells is fine, for the first 6 years or so. but for such a big town there isn't an awful lot to do, and the choice of pubs is dreadful !

add to that the price of houses (its around 130k just for a small one bedroom flat), has meant we aren't on the property ladder. though some of that is to do with how big/nice a house we are in now for a reasonable rent etc. it'd be tough moving in to a one bedroom place thats overpriced !

the cost of living here has meant we've been able to save up a bit, even though now £800 is going in between us each month its still a fair price. rent alone averages about £700 a month here, and we're paying bills and everything with what we're paying.

still, we're looking forward to having our own place we can make our home.