Newbie saying hi.

Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

parsleigh1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Newbie saying hi.

My name is Hayley.
I am married with 3 kids ages 8,6, and nearly 4.
We are looking at moving to New Zealand within the next 12 to 18 months.

We are looking at Christchurch area.

My husband and I are going coming to Christchurch for a visit in November.
Hope to suss out schools, jobs, areas to live in, cars, furniture etc. What to bring/ not to bring etc.

Any hints tips etc. would be most grateful.

Thanks Hayley
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:38 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie saying hi.

Hi Hayley

why don't you tell us what area of work you are hoping to gain a visa on that way we can point you at the right people to gain advice from.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

parsleigh1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry yes that might help..... Hubby is a chef and at the moment I'm a stay at home mum but want to qualify as a paramedic. I currently volunteer with St Johns Ambulance here in the UK. Our final aim is to gain residence for NZ. Hubby can get a visa in the skilled migrant visa....... So much choice though.
Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:23 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome!
I take it you'll need a job offer to get residency? Just having enough points to submit an application [EOI] does not mean you will be successful. Are you job hunting on this trip or just having a look round? Not many employers will wait 12-18months Not sure whether putting your CV out this early will help either, can't do any harm though...
As for Chch- lots of posts on here about where to live, schools etc. It all depends on what you want-city or rural, proximity to any amenities, your income etc
P
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Spudboy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

The majority of the ambulance service in NZ is volunteer. At most stations including Christchurch only 1 or 2 of the staff are paid. So I don't fancy your chances. My wife is from NZ and she is a paramedic in the UK. Even she would struggle to get a job in NZ. Sorry if this is bad news.