Newbie with Q's

Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

mc4martyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie with Q's

Hi all
Seriously considering taking the plunge and move to NZ on a work to residence visa.
Just a couple quick Q

What are the return ratio's compared to Spain for example which are quite high.?

Members of my family have health probs e.g asthma but don't go back and forward docs or are not constantly on meds for is this generally ok for going?

Will probably have more but any help on these greatly appreciated.

thanks all
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:45 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie with Q's

Originally Posted by mc4martyc
Hi all
Seriously considering taking the plunge and move to NZ on a work to residence visa.
Just a couple quick Q

What are the return ratio's compared to Spain for example which are quite high.?

Members of my family have health probs e.g asthma but don't go back and forward docs or are not constantly on meds for is this generally ok for going?

thanks all
Hi there.
I suffer from asthma but strangely not as bad other here although I have told NZ has a high number of asthmatics. You need to register with Doc and then get prescriptions same as UK. Only had one attack here (middle of night typically) but popped to local a & e and got medication immediately.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

80% of British migrants still live in NZ after 5 years according to Dept. of Labour statistics.

Kip
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:51 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Just a couple quick Q

thanks all

Hiya
Welcome to BE

As far as the asthma goes, unless you are chronic, I can't see it being a problem. I suffer too and had no problems on the medical. I think so long as you are not having regular attacks, your peak flow is good & your chest x ray is clear then they didn't seem to bother with it in my experience at least.

HTH
Sarah

P.S can I suggest that you 'stock up' before you leave on your meds. I used my inhaler a lot initially when we arrived, lots of pine!! although don't struggle as much now with it as in the UK.