Reload this Page >

Newbie..new ideas..need advice!

Newbie..new ideas..need advice!

Old Dec 27th 2016, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Nursestats is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie..new ideas..need advice!

Hi all
I relocated from England to Wales 16 months ago. Best thing I ever did regardless of moving without a partner and with my children.
This had given me confidence and I am now debating a more major change like Aus or NZ.
I have never visited either place.
I am a registered nurse with a diploma not a degree.
I have no idea whereabouts I would like to go.
I have no idea where to start!!
Any advice/ideas welcomed.
Would I be mad to do this alone?
How easy would it be to come back if I really hated it?
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 27th 2016, 11:18 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie..new ideas..need advice!

Presume the children's other parent will give permission?
You will need to check out the nursing registration, then your visa options, check out the DHB's for jobs (they are well versed in recruiting from overseas), think you need to take and pass IELTS.

From there job availability will dictate where you work and therefore live.

I hadn't visited before coming out here either, flexibility is the key and not expecting to replicate every aspect of the previous UK life you had.

Don't underestimate the impact of being so remote from any family in the UK, moving England-Wales cannot replicate that in any form.

I and my kids love it here and we won't be heading back to the UK anytime soon :-)
Old Dec 28th 2016, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Link http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...r-luck-875941/
Old Dec 28th 2016, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nursestats
Hi all
I relocated from England to Wales 16 months ago. Best thing I ever did regardless of moving without a partner and with my children.
This had given me confidence and I am now debating a more major change like Aus or NZ.
I have never visited either place.
I am a registered nurse with a diploma not a degree.
I have no idea whereabouts I would like to go.
I have no idea where to start!!
Any advice/ideas welcomed.
Would I be mad to do this alone?
How easy would it be to come back if I really hated it?
Thanks in advance
Go for it....if you can tick all the boxes and get here. Been here almost 12 now. Best thing I ever did for my young kids. NZ has loads of shitty aspects..like I always say but you just have to make sure your 'lovely, happy bucket' outweighs the 'shit bucket'. These days my lovely, happy bucket doth runeth over, merrily. Which is nice. Save for the really shite driving of course that prevails on this rocky outcrop. Forgot to say, what have you got to lose? You only live once and only EVER regret the things you do not do rather than the things you do. Good luck.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonsi
You will need to check out the nursing registration, then your visa options, check out the DHB's for jobs (they are well versed in recruiting from overseas), think you need to take and pass IELTS.

I hadn't visited before coming out here either, flexibility is the key and not expecting to replicate every aspect of the previous UK life you had.

Don't underestimate the impact of being so remote from any family in the UK, moving England-Wales cannot replicate that in any form.

I and my kids love it here and we won't be heading back to the UK anytime soon :-)
Thank you. .much appreciated.
What is DHB's?
And would I need to take the IELTS even though English is my first language?
Old Dec 28th 2016, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Genesis
Go for it....if you can tick all the boxes and get here. Been here almost 12 now. Best thing I ever did for my young kids. NZ has loads of shitty aspects..like I always say but you just have to make sure your 'lovely, happy bucket' outweighs the 'shit bucket'. These days my lovely, happy bucket doth runeth over, merrily. Which is nice. Save for the really shite driving of course that prevails on this rocky outcrop. Forgot to say, what have you got to lose? You only live once and only EVER regret the things you do not do rather than the things you do. Good luck.
Love this response thank you!
Old Dec 28th 2016, 10:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi

DHB District Health Boards? New Zealand is the place to try as Australia require a degree qualification.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
DHB District Health Boards? New Zealand is the place to try as Australia require a degree qualification.
Ah thank you.
I'm leaning towards topping up my degree and then going for Australia.
To be honest, the posts I have so far read in this forum have put me off NZ a bit!
Old Dec 28th 2016, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thank you.
I'm leaning towards topping up my degree and then going for Australia.
To be honest, the posts I have so far read in this forum have put me off NZ a bit!
Don't think you will find life much different in the Aus forum.

Bigger country though, so in theory more jobs. Start here - AHPRA and Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection for Aus
Old Dec 28th 2016, 8:04 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. .much appreciated.
What is DHB's?
And would I need to take the IELTS even though English is my first language?
DHB - District Health Boards

IELTS - yes its a requirement for nursing
Old Dec 28th 2016, 8:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you don't always need the degree it is all looked at on a case to case basis. Five years experience may well get you through but you will only know by contacting the The Nursing Council.

International registration / Nurses / Home - Nursing Council of New Zealand
Old Dec 28th 2016, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Hi there, the thread is one I started, I've registered in Nz whilst holding s diploma, job availability depend on what speciality you are, and that can also dictate what the best visa is I would be happy to help out with any info I can as I'm in the middle of the whole process
Old Dec 29th 2016, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hi there, the thread is one I started, I've registered in Nz whilst holding s diploma, job availability depend on what speciality you are, and that can also dictate what the best visa is I would be happy to help out with any info I can as I'm in the middle of the whole process
Thank you so much
Im adult trained but dint have a speciality. My experience is in acute care and in elderly dementia care.
Which part of the process are you up to?
Old Dec 29th 2016, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
DHB - District Health Boards

IELTS - yes its a requirement for nursing
Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 29th 2016, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much
Im adult trained but dint have a speciality. My experience is in acute care and in elderly dementia care.
Which part of the process are you up to?
Hi there I'm in the process of job hunting through s recruitment agency, I'm neonatal so as you can imagine it's slim pickings so I may have to go back to A&e. Once I have an offer I will start the visa process. Aged care is actually on the long term skills shortage list so shouldn't have too much problem getting a job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.