Newbie(ish)

Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

claret73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie(ish)

Hello everyone!
Have been on here a bit over time, just sporadic random posts & not being able to decide where or what I feel towards moving abroad.

Well, with me having retrained away from the Print Industry nearly 4 years ago & qualified as a Training Electrician, the jobs aren't exactly rolling around in that sector in the UK. The self employed subbie lark is day by day or week by week & cannot see any progress. With a really good Mate already having his PR in OZ (Tough to get out there) I'm looking at NZ. Have close family here but only myself, no Mortgage, no heavy bills, pets or children to take, so hoping this will alleviate the hoops to jump?

Lots to look at, but alongside this will be attending a London Show & the Immigration site will be taking a hammering.

If anybody has any advice particular to my job I'd love to hear it. Having lived in Cornwall & the Channel Islands I love being by the coast. Any good suggestions for a keen Surfer/Cyclist?...
Thanks
Andy
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie(ish)

Originally Posted by claret73
Hello everyone!
Have been on here a bit over time, just sporadic random posts & not being able to decide where or what I feel towards moving abroad.

Well, with me having retrained away from the Print Industry nearly 4 years ago & qualified as a Training Electrician, the jobs aren't exactly rolling around in that sector in the UK. The self employed subbie lark is day by day or week by week & cannot see any progress. With a really good Mate already having his PR in OZ (Tough to get out there) I'm looking at NZ. Have close family here but only myself, no Mortgage, no heavy bills, pets or children to take, so hoping this will alleviate the hoops to jump?

Lots to look at, but alongside this will be attending a London Show & the Immigration site will be taking a hammering.

If anybody has any advice particular to my job I'd love to hear it. Having lived in Cornwall & the Channel Islands I love being by the coast. Any good suggestions for a keen Surfer/Cyclist?...
Thanks
Andy
Hello Andy, im a safety advisor in the south island. (Oamaru, Nth Otago) and i can say that they are looking for Sparky's out this way. The country is great for cycling and surfing. Look into the area, see if you like it.

Gary.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Gary for the heads up! Will take a look at that...
Regards
Andy
Old Jul 10th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gary
Looks as good a place as any to begin...
Attached Thumbnails Newbie(ish)-stclair.jpg  
Old Jul 13th 2011, 2:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there Claret73 and welcome to this wee forum.

Perhaps start a new topic in the main NZ forum about Sparky registration here in NZ .

Happy Posting around the place.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
Hello Andy, im a safety advisor in the south island. (Oamaru, Nth Otago) and i can say that they are looking for Sparky's out this way. The country is great for cycling and surfing. Look into the area, see if you like it.

Gary.
is that not a contradiction in terms " a safety advisor " you mean you tell them to close their eyes when they arc weld .. lol
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there Claret73 and welcome to this wee forum.

Perhaps start a new topic in the main NZ forum about Sparky registration here in NZ .
Hi Bevs
I have been in touch with Mick and have been given some useful info to find out firstly about the registration. But I will post something even if to network with others in the same boat...
Thanks