Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Newbie Brit wants to move to New Zealand.

Newbie Brit wants to move to New Zealand.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:22 am
Just Joined

kiwilover is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Newbie Brit wants to move to New Zealand.

Hello people,,
I am on a quest to move to NZ, and I do not know what I need to get in..Can anybody tell me?

Thank you in advance
Kiwilover
This is coka cola right?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbie Brit wants to move to New Zealand.

Hi, welcome to the forum! the best place to start is to look at the official immigration site:
www.immigration.govt.nz
The majority of posters on here are heading for/in Aus, but there are some NZ posters and some things are relevant to both countries. You'll find people who love nz and those who hate it, which is good 'cause you'll get an idea about the good and the bad things.

If you use the search facility to look for answers to specific questions, you'll see what's been asked before. There is also an alternative site: www.*****.co.uk which is just for NZ - a lot of the NZ posters go on there too.

Good luck with your search, if you have specific questions to ask, just go ahead - it usually helps to say first where your headed in NZ, what line of work you're in etc, so people who are heading there/already there can be specific and tell you about the job situation etc.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Newbie Brit wants to move to New Zealand.

Thanks
great advice. I just logged on to the NZ immigration site and found forms to download so that is a good start. Looking to move to Bay of Islands, would like to open a youth hostel there.

Kiwilover
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

The Long Term Business Visa is a very lengthy and complicated route in. If you have a partner and they can get a job over there, you would get an open work visa allowing you to do any work including running your own business.

on the other hand, if you have over $2 million NZD then you could try the investor category and run your business!

We looked into running our own business, but the time taken for the LTBV process was too long to consider it.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that advice, my partner however is my Mother who is 57 years old. She wants to retire now.

We are going to sell the family business anyway, so we will have to see what that amounts to in total. My cousin was born in New Zealand, he is a pilot for the Royal Navy....unfortunately in this country now.

Gosh, this could take a long time then...

Keep trucking on then I guess.

Thanks again, Kiwilover