Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

NorthEastBeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Newbie

Hi
I've been reading some of the posts on this forum and have found them really helpful. Just thought I would say hi

I am 29 years old and myself and my husband have been keen for the last few years to move to nz permentenly. Sounds crazy typing this as we have never been! We have a almost 2yr old and recon now would be a good time to go.

I have started to apply for a skilled migrant visa. The EOI if longggg.... Any top tips?

Thanks

NEBeach
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:22 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Hi and welcome

top tip, research research research, read read and read some more, check check and check again.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by NorthEastBeach
Hi
I've been reading some of the posts on this forum and have found them really helpful. Just thought I would say hi

I am 29 years old and myself and my husband have been keen for the last few years to move to nz permentenly. Sounds crazy typing this as we have never been! We have a almost 2yr old and recon now would be a good time to go.

I have started to apply for a skilled migrant visa. The EOI if longggg.... Any top tips?

Thanks

NEBeach
How you getting on with the EOI ?

My top tip would be to make sure the points you are claiming on the EOI can be justified at that moment. You can't claim points for something that you expect may happen in the future.... E.g. you can't claim the points for 6 years work experience today when you've only actually got 5 years 10 months
Don't submit EOI if you haven't got at least 160 points. You'd be wasting time and more importantly the cash. 160 points or more is the only score that'll get the EOI selected from the pool.
If you have no NZ work experience, no NZ study experience or an NZ job offer I think you are unable to apply for Resident Visa via skilled migrant category now. I think they point the principal applicant towards a Job Search Visa instead....that may have come in with the new rules this month ?

Nowadays it's a big ask for a principal applicant and a partner to score that EOI amount on their own without a job offer. It basically means the principal applicant needs to score 140 and the partner applicant 20 (or 150 / 10). If you are unable to score this amount the principal applicant needs a job offer so it's more worth while concentrating on scoring a job offer with a concise CV / cover letter than filling in the EOI.