a newbie!!

Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Averil W is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face a newbie!!

Hello all - i have had a read through of some forums and have to say that they are very interesting and thank you
my husband and i are wanting to move over to New Zealand and so far have only been to an exbibition to meet employers etc.
neither of us have a qualification that is on their most want list but my husband is willing to do a construction course and work experience to try to help that
we were also told that we could still apply for jobs as NZ employers would still consider us.
my main question is how do you start?

do we try to get a job first then apply for a visa or do we get a visa first? also where do we get a visa from?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 27th 2011, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a newbie!!

Hi Averil, just wanted to welcome you to our NZ forums. You need to visit the NZIS website to find out more. Your OH retraining is a step in the right direction & I suggest he does this first before applying for a visa.

Lots of factors come into play to get a visa eg. your age, where you plan to live (extra points available for living outside Auckland) etc.

What are your current jobs?
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierges in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome.

It is a job offer first and then one can apply for a work visa. Thing is there are conditions that go with that.

I suggest you report your questions into the main NZ forum and also into the NZ Immy.

More people look in those place.