Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

gillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nice
Default newbie

Hello all from a very nervous newbie! I don't even know how to use this site let alone begin to start the immigration process!! Think I will need all the help I can get! My husband and I haven't quite decided where we should head for in NZ but as funds are limited we can't afford to start touring round to help us decide where we should potentially settle. Is it necessary to visit the country before we decide to go or should we just research and take the bull by the horns?

I'm a staff nurse so are there any particular areas that would be most suitable for my occupation?

Thanks Gill
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: newbie

Hello and welcome,

It took me a while but no need to be nervous
We're [mostly] quite normal friendly people!

I've found people on here to be very helpful and used this site a lot to help with my visa application. It also becomes scarily addictive!

All the best

Sue
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Gill

Like you funds are rather limited and we have never been to NZ. We did some research via internet & lots of reading books, applied for jobs via the internet, visited the NZ Espo in London, put the house on the market and hey!....

House sold on Thursday
Hubby got his job offer Friday
Contacted immigration consultant Saturday to apply for visa's
Held family meeting today, Sunday

My husband has family in Australia. They moved over 5 1/2 yrs ago to Adelaide and absolutely love it. So we know it can be done.

I am beginning to feel a few 'doubts' niggling into my head ( I must be mad leaving mum, daughter, son and grandkiddies etc).

Hope you make the right decision, good luck

Sharon
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

to-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really nice

Hi Gill
There are plenty of jobs for nurses, if the budget is tight then you probably want to live somewhere that housing is not too exp. There are some jobs that offer relocation assistance and you could specify those as a priority. We have a recruitment agent (all free) that is doing a great job and will help with visas and pensions etc.pm me for the details if you want.
They are purely medical so are a great source of help and info.

Did you go to the expo in leeds at the weekend? that would have provided a bit of info but was rather small.

We are still in the uk but have done loads of research on the DHB's and individual hospitals if that is any use.

The one question you should ask yourself is at the weekend what do you want to be able to do with out having a longish drive? and that will help with location.
good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Smile Re: newbie

Originally Posted by gillyhandley
Hello all from a very nervous newbie! I don't even know how to use this site let alone begin to start the immigration process!! Think I will need all the help I can get! My husband and I haven't quite decided where we should head for in NZ but as funds are limited we can't afford to start touring round to help us decide where we should potentially settle. Is it necessary to visit the country before we decide to go or should we just research and take the bull by the horns?

I'm a staff nurse so are there any particular areas that would be most suitable for my occupation?

Thanks Gill

Hi Gill

I'm a newbie too ! Been using this site about 2 weeks - & it's true - It is addictive

People are sooooo helpful & it's fun !!

good luck !!! Love Alice xxxxxxxx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: newbie

Hi newbie from another newbie, Just grab the bull by the horns and go for it. my hubby and i and 2 children have decided thats it its our lives and were going to make the most of it. we went to the leeds expo yes'd and its made us even more determined to do it. He's been on the phone all nite to the ewrb to get his registration throught for his qualificatons and gonna send EOI 2 moro. whilst we were at the expo we met the Mayor of Taranaki who was a lovely bloke and weve now decided thats where we want to go (New Plymouth) Husband got a job offer at the expo and was asked if could start as early as 2mths away GULP!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome one and all to this little NZ forum.

Sending out some karma and Happy Posting.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: newbie

My god filled in EOI form what a nightmare form it is to, mind you at least they dont just open the gates to anyone like our country does ay!!!!! Can't wait to move to New Zealand
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

gillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nicegillyhandley is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your messages so far!

I tried to pm you (to go or not to go) but it wouldnt let me, something about the administrator not allowing peolpe with more than 3 posts? Not sure if i was doing it right still learning. Could you pm me with the info?

We went to a different roadshow on Friday at leeds by an immigration agent, it was very informative although there were no job agency reps there but we learnt a lot and it made me want to pack my case the very next day!

We have 2 children aswell and want to give them the best in life, however i do have some doubts as to wether NZ is the right place for us, and wonder if it may be too remote and laid back ( sounds ridiculous I know!).

Good luck to Sharon and alls73 with everything hope it all goes smoothly, don't you get scared thinking about it!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

See reply on thread Hello all! Am v new to all this! I have posted in reply to your question re nursing reg in NZ. Should have read further down the list of threads to find you first!

Phyllis