Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand will be great because...

New Zealand will be great because...

Old Apr 25th 2002, 4:13 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default New Zealand will be great because...

...skiing, watersports, travelling around with my wife and kid for a few months, pop over to Queensland for a few weeks in October/November to find cassowary and warm up, scuba diving, more exercise, see the family who already live there, doing something fun and different, job hunt once more after all these years, getting fitter with the tramping...

etc etc, I cdould go on!

What are you looking forward to?

newstartnz
Old Apr 25th 2002, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

rich.arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Zealand will be great because...

That just about covers it. How about breaking the cycle, challenging yourself and making the most of the life you've got. Local nuances such as drinking piss and finishing every sentence with 'eh'. Clean air, clean water, great seafood. Plus snowy, snowy mountains in winter and good waves all year round.

Richard
Old Apr 26th 2002, 5:00 am
Helena

"newstartnz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > ..skiing, watersports, travelling around with my wife and kid for a few months, pop
    > over to Queensland for a few weeks in October/November to find cassowary and warm
    > up, scuba diving,

Probably better to do Qld May - September. Still warm even though it's winter. Less
humid and less rainfall too. Plus, you can't go swimming on coastal Qld beaches north
of the Tropic of Capricorn Oct - Apr because of the deadly box jellyfish. I believe a
tourist died while snorkelling there just recently.

Good luck,

Helena

Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:47 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Last time I was in QLD it was Nov-Jan and for me the weather was perfect (I like it hot and don't mind humid!)

Cheers