Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

Originally Posted by IngStina
Don't your remotes have a mute button?

Kristina
We do, but there is the risk of repetitive strain syndrome .
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandra arnott
Yet again we are laughing great Kevin would love to bump into you in the pub
If you've ever thought you lost your purse, you may have done!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
We do, but there is the risk of repetitive strain syndrome .
I know what you mean, we have the same problem here with commercials and when I mute, I usually forget, go off and do something else so when I remember and go back and check, the program is pretty much over.

Kristina
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha too funny, but very true!

"But, don't tell Dad"
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:48 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Then there're the ads giving kids advice on what to get Mum/Dad for Mother's/Father's Day.

a) I really don't want some 'big boys toy' DIY equipment, and
b) if my kids could afford half of what its suggested they get us I would be cutting back their allowances!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

The other one...

"Only for the next 3 days. Don't miss out on the biggest Briscoes sale ever"

Seriously, I want to live long enough to see the end of a Briscoes sale
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
The other one...

"Only for the next 3 days. Don't miss out on the biggest Briscoes sale ever"

Seriously, I want to live long enough to see the end of a Briscoes sale
My brain has been so munted in this country, that the Briscoes lady now seems quite normal to me. She used to seriously do my friggin head in, but now she has no effect whatsoever.

Anyone have any tips on how exactly I am to get hold of the illusive remote, when it is usually welded to the hand of the bloke. I have tried once or twice to prize it from his finger when he's fallen asleep but he always wakes up and says; 'Hey, what do you think you're doing? I was watching that!!'
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe you actually watch the ads

Some of you know more about NZ TV ads than I do.

Get a real life i say.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

Get a real life i say.
What's Kiwi real life? Going to bed at 9pm. I can spot the expat houses a mile off, they'll be the ones with the lights still on after 10pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:03 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Persephone
Unfortunately this is all so very true. For those of you not over here, Kevin has not over exaggerated for comic effect by any stretch of the imagination. The number and frequency of ad breaks here is dire.

We get round the problem by using our HD DVD player. Start recording, do something else for approximately 1/4 of the programme's length and then start watching from the start as it is still recording. We do often 'catch up' with ourselves but it's cheaper than MySky!

My current hatred at the moment is Tony's Tyre Service, a bunch of tuneless mechanics singing and a rinky dink piano...Tony's Tyre Service...yeah!
No thanks, I'll be taking my tyres elsewhere since it irritates me so much
and how is that cheaper than my sky?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I can't believe you actually watch the ads

Some of you know more about NZ TV ads than I do.

Get a real life i say.
Everything closes early and down town Tauranga looks like an advert for a Saga holiday lol. We only watch tv in the evenings when it's dark and cold outside. In the summer months it's never on.

I suspect the same is true for a lot of families.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Mr Brillo is an unknown quantity at this point

why does the woman in the Briscoes ad whistle when she talks - she's b............y irritating. As for Hardly Normal Man - I wish he would lose his voice.

Brilliant post Kevin.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:59 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Anyone have any tips on how exactly I am to get hold of the illusive remote, when it is usually welded to the hand of the bloke. I have tried once or twice to prize it from his finger when he's fallen asleep but he always wakes up and says; 'Hey, what do you think you're doing? I was watching that!!'
If anyone gives you any then let me know. The few times I manage to get hold of the thing I can see him get visibly anxious, like a child that's had its security blanket taken away Eventually he reaches a point where he can't cope any longer and has to ask for it back.
Originally Posted by happy in nz
and how is that cheaper than my sky?
Easy! It cost about $300 [I think] 4-5 years ago and was only bought because the old DVD player gave up the ghost and a new one was needed...
My Sky is an extra $15 a month and we don't watch enough to need it.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
If anyone gives you any then let me know. The few times I manage to get hold of the thing I can see him get visibly anxious, like a child that's had its security blanket taken away Eventually he reaches a point where he can't cope any longer and has to ask for it back.

Ladies, ladies, you've obviously not trained your men right from the beginning . Mine knows that the 'zapper' belongs to me & I (very) occasionally allow him to have control .

I'm not sure you can undo the damage. Maybe you can give them a 'dummy' zapper to hold. It'll look like the real thing but not have any batteries in it. This will make them feel in control but remove any risk of them actually doing any damage.

Good luck ladies
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:29 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Ladies, ladies, you've obviously not trained your men right from the beginning . Mine knows that the 'zapper' belongs to me & I (very) occasionally allow him to have control .

I'm not sure you can undo the damage. Maybe you can give them a 'dummy' zapper to hold. It'll look like the real thing but not have any batteries in it. This will make them feel in control but remove any risk of them actually doing any damage.

Good luck ladies
Maybe you should start a service, something along the lines of Supernanny [SuperVBS] , for those of us who have failed to train our men correctly
I'd pay for someone to train him to share the remote and not flick from channel to channel when I allow him to have it, make me a cup of tea in the morning and wash my car...
I don't ask for much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.