Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

Originally Posted by Persephone
Maybe you should start a service, something along the lines of Supernanny [SuperVBS] , for those of us who have failed to train our men correctly
I'd pay for someone to train him to share the remote and not flick from channel to channel when I allow him to have it, make me a cup of tea in the morning and wash my car...
I don't ask for much!
I think that your requests are very reasonable Sue.

Hey, I could be a Superwife instead of a Madwife. I see the TV series now. My USP (unique selling point) could be to wear my bra over my T-shirt. I can have a book deal, TV series, a whole range of VBS products.

Must go & ring my agent.............
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Howick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant future

The best kiwi commercial, IMO. I think the title should read Korea, not WWII (if my M*A*S*H memories serve me correctly). The Toyota commercial's of the same era were also clever & funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6S...4&feature=fvst
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:10 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I think that your requests are very reasonable Sue.

Hey, I could be a Superwife instead of a Madwife. I see the TV series now. My USP (unique selling point) could be to wear my bra over my T-shirt. I can have a book deal, TV series, a whole range of VBS products.

Must go & ring my agent.............
Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's SUPERWIFE!!!!
I can see it now. You ride in on your broomstick, the Ride of the Valkyries playing at full volume, your bra over your fleece [down here on the SI, it's bloody cold!] and cause consternation amongst all the menfolk in the street until you knock down my doorway with a flourish and announce that you're here to save the household from male TV tyranny. Mr S would turn into a lump of jelly and meekly hand over the remote with promises NEVER to touch it ever again without written permission gained a week in advance. He would grovel on the floor before offering to do some baking and also make you a nice cup of tea while you teach him how to treat his beloved in the way she deserves to be treated
This weekend would be good, what are your daily rates
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's SUPERWIFE!!!!
I can see it now. You ride in on your broomstick, the Ride of the Valkyries playing at full volume, your bra over your fleece [down here on the SI, it's bloody cold!] and cause consternation amongst all the menfolk in the street until you knock down my doorway with a flourish and announce that you're here to save the household from male TV tyranny. Mr S would turn into a lump of jelly and meekly hand over the remote with promises NEVER to touch it ever again without written permission gained a week in advance. He would grovel on the floor before offering to do some baking and also make you a nice cup of tea while you teach him how to treat his beloved in the way she deserves to be treated
This weekend would be good, what are your daily rates
As you're my first, you can have virgin rates
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Anyone else want to slap that irritating, wee, bald guy from the GJ Gardener ads. What's the point of him??????????
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:41 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

We've had an aerial for the past few months and I'll be glad when we move and are aerial-less again as I really can't say NZ TV has enriched my life.

Of all the shiteness on TV here the ad that makes me start gnashing and punching things is actually the one for energy smart with that awful, dreadful guy.

I hate NZ in winter. Wake me up in the spring.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

selondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really nice

Could someone explain to me why they show ad's for shows that have already been on? Weekend at Bernies springs to mind now. Also they show ad's for the show that you are currently watching! Last before least if the rugby world cup doesn't come round soon that noisy bastard sergeant major is likely to get kicked out of my tv.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:45 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

I rarely watch live TV anymore...nothing better than My Sky to record and watch whenever I want, and skip the ads

Unfortunately it's not something uniquely Kiwi, ads can be annoying no matter what country you're in

Jen
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selondon
Could someone explain to me why they show ad's for shows that have already been on? Weekend at Bernies springs to mind now. Also they show ad's for the show that you are currently watching!
Well it seems to me some of the programs are on a permanent loop, things like Castle / Bones / Criminal Minds seem to blend into one another and appear to be on every day, a bit like muzak you just pick it up somewhere you left off the last time.

I was quite enjoying the Friday night's Pineapple Dance Studios 'mockumentary', after the start time was shifted about four times. Finally the last few settled into the late night dead zone (after 11pm) when all the best programs are on. Anyway, I thought I had watched the final show and then was surprised to see it back on the following Friday. They've started again at the beginning.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

If anyone gives you any then let me know. The few times I manage to get hold of the thing I can see him get visibly anxious, like a child that's had its security blanket taken away Eventually he reaches a point where he can't cope any longer and has to ask for it back.

Easy! It cost about $300 [I think] 4-5 years ago and was only bought because the old DVD player gave up the ghost and a new one was needed...
My Sky is an extra $15 a month and we don't watch enough to need it.
WHAT MYSKY HDI cost15.00 bucks per month to rent cheper than a dvd recorder
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy in nz
WHAT MYSKY HDI cost15.00 bucks per month to rent cheper than a dvd recorder
It may be that we're thinking about different things though I'm not quite sure what you mean by the above....
We have Sky already anyway, MySky is $15 per month extra. Over a year that is an extra $180. You can buy a DVD recorder for under $150 now and most people have one anyway, a one-off payment.
That is what I meant by cheaper!

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 29th 2011 at 9:15 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

I cant believe that no one has picked up on the “Wendy’s” advert!!! Or should I say “WENDY’SCHHHSH” Where the fek’ did they find this guy?
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry when I see the poor twat trying to get his mouth around “Wendy’s” or “Relish” ….. if you look closely you can even see the spittle on his chin. I tell ya what, I wouldn’t want a fekin’ burger after he’d done cooking it. It wouldn’t need “relischhhsh” on it!
Come on… please tell me where’s the hook?.... what cunning plan they had when they did this ad?..... beats the sh*t out of me!

Last edited by Kevin; Jun 29th 2011 at 9:48 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice
Cool Re: New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

It may be that we're thinking about different things though I'm not quite sure what you mean by the above....
We have Sky already anyway, MySky is $15 per month extra. Over a year that is an extra $180. You can buy a DVD recorder for under $150 now and most people have one anyway, a one-off payment.
That is what I meant by cheaper!
try bying a dvd recorder for $150 more like $650 and my sky is hd
Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevin
I cant believe that no one has picked up on the “Wendy’s” advert!!! Or should I say “WENDY’SCHHHSH” Where the fek’ did they find this guy?
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry when I see the poor twat trying to get his mouth around “Wendy’s” or “Relish” ….. if you look closely you can even see the spittle on his chin. I tell ya what, I wouldn’t want a fekin’ burger after he’d done cooking it. It wouldn’t need “relischhhsh” on it!
Come on… please tell me where’s the hook?.... what cunning plan they had when they did this ad?..... beats the sh*t out of me!

Agggghh, that old coot! It's not exactly his fault, so I left him alone as I have ripped into him in the past on a previous thread. I don't get it at all, the market audience and the advertising 'vehicle' are on totally opposing planets. I'm obviously no spring chicken myself, which leaves me far away from the typical burger consumer. For heavens sake if people like me find him to be such an 'old fart', just how far removed from cool can we possibly go?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Zealand TV advertisements’ WTF??????

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I don't get it at all, the market audience and the advertising 'vehicle' are on totally opposing planets
Like that VW Ute advert? "The thinking mans ute", they are bought by farmers not bloody rocket scientists.

This though, much better:

We can all relate to that still half asleep, unkept look and finding no milk in the fridge . People like us drive VW cars.

I can only assume Patrick Bateman from American Psycho would own this:

Chilling .

Back to our nice friends at VW:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.