New Zealand Post

Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default New Zealand Post

An utter disgrace

Yesterday I come home to find 2 envelopes just left on our porch. I don't know what time they were delivered but there they were just lying there

When I see the envelope it turns out that they our police certificates - uproar and anger big time

So I get on the phone and eventually got through to a service agent and find out if it was them that did it or the courier team did it. I inform them about the document laying there and they were wondering why on earth that was the case. I even have the evidence (but of course they'll argue I planted it there).

So after 10 minutes, I found out that it was their courier team that just left it there so they transfered and they were a bit shocked. They first asked whether it was in my mail box, I said no, they then asked did they not deliver it to your neighbour, no. Was it a signature required document, no - answer it should have been in your mail box then. Well why wasn't this done?

They managed to find out who the deliverer was and got back to me this morning, because it wasn't a signed envelope and no one was in and the mail box was full, he had no choice but to leave it outside. I asked if this was normal behaviour and they replied if they can't put it in anything and it's not something we hold then yes.

What the flying!

Apparently I should have paid for this to be signature required. When I said it would be $300 each, they thought I was making it up. When I informed them to look at ACRO to see delivery costs (which this lady must have done), she was a bit shocked and understood why I didn't. All they could do was apologise

Those documents could have blown away etc or someone could have easily picked them up and taken them for personal gain - I told her their apology wasn't good enough. I said do you do the same if it's passports or birth certificates, driver licenses, or immigration forms - yes was the answer, if your mail box is full and we can't put it inside, there's nothing we can do but leave it there.

Rubbish, my mail box was not full, they could have easily folded the envelopes up as i'm sure immigration would have accepted the note about it being folded in the mail box - mail boxes are another rant but that's for another day. A rubbish excuse because they couldn't be bothered to put it in there. Good attitude towards customers

Moral of the story, for important stuff get it delivered signature required or send it to your work address. Luckily immigration return passports with signature required but that's still going to my work address.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Post

yep, they do leave things on the door steps. boxes, parcels from M&S and Tesco's, United Sweets have all been left on our door step, for hours at a time. The other week we were awaiting on a delivery and called the company asking where it was to be told that there had been several attempted deliveries for the last 3 days. I said that was not the case as the house had not been empty at any time, no one had left a card. Turns out that they were trying to deliver to a completely different address. When I called the courier company I asked them why the hell they where trying to deliver it there when its not even our post code they declared they do not take into consideration the post code Well that would be the problem then wouldn't it. Got told that the parcel was on its way back to the Supplier and was now in Wellington and the earliest we could get it was 5 working days

Called the Supplier and told them, our parcels were delivered within 3 hrs.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:16 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour had a card delivered for his daughters birthday from England. It was from his mum who thought it would be ok to put some NZ dollars in. When he got it here the envelope had been opened, stuck back down and mysteriously no dollars inside. He phoned the delivery office and they could find no-one accountable.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:58 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

This is why I have ALL important documents sent to my PO Box. It's worth the cost!

Parcels are sent to my physical address. My (rural) postie knows where to put deliveries if they're too big to the mail box. All address labels are burned after, rather than being dumped in the rubbish or in the recycling bin. Only takes a few seconds to cut out the address label, and dump the rest of the packaging.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Tom - pretty shocking story.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
My neighbour had a card delivered for his daughters birthday from England. It was from his mum who thought it would be ok to put some NZ dollars in. When he got it here the envelope had been opened, stuck back down and mysteriously no dollars inside. He phoned the delivery office and they could find no-one accountable.
Sadly, sending cash in the post is something that should be avioded at all costs. It has been for years, it's nigh on impossible to prove cash theft these days without camera evidence.

It's not that difficult to rifle through a post box in NZ and birthday cards and the like are pretty easy to identify, meaning that it's just as likely that an opportunist (not a Post Office worker) nicks the cash.

Society today, eh?

Here's one for you;

I owed a pal in Australia a few bucks for a favour he did for me whilst I was in Melbourne. I tried to send cash in an envelope but was told that cash sent internationally is illegal.

Apparently in Aus they xray in coming international mail and any money found is removed and donated to charity. I've not checked if this is official, but kept my money and told my mate I'd weigh him in next time - only $20 AUD.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

It will get worse when NZ Post reduce to only three deliveries a week as threatened. They'll be trying to cram more mail per delivery into boxes.

Only solution I can think of is a larger, lockable mail box and/or an accomodation address for bigger packages (your local dairy, perhaps?).
Pete
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
It will get worse when NZ Post reduce to only three deliveries a week as threatened. They'll be trying to cram more mail per delivery into boxes.

Only solution I can think of is a larger, lockable mail box and/or an accomodation address for bigger packages (your local dairy, perhaps?).
Pete
I thought that was only scheduled for rural areas? It'll remain 6 days a week round the cities???

Whatever it is though, it's plain daft

Our mail box is shocking and gets vandalised a lot (another arguement that I won't go into) but when I asked if we could stall a mail box by our door, we were told absolutely not as no mail would be delivered due to trespassing

Errrr aren't the deliverers of courier signed mail not trespassing then?

Some of the rules and regulations in this country are very confusing. I suppose it's what makes this country so unique to live in
Old Nov 8th 2013, 4:55 am
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

I was out for my run today and i saw an important looking letter on the pavement and thought OMG - the postie had either dropped it or it wasnt put in the persons mailbox properly. I couldnt do anything about it as i never had my glasses on and there was no one around.
Shocking service!!!