Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand - A place to live?

New Zealand - A place to live?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand - A place to live?

cal,
My kids had a good education in NZ. I think that it is less pushy, kids are left too develop at there own time. However they have all done ok, first one off to uni as soon as we get back. My middle son's primary teacher picked up within a couple of months that he was dyspraxic so on too extra help, including great occupational T.
On to occupational therepy, as I found with my son, we had great help but they said there was a huge shortage of OT's. My son's OT was Swedish.
Good luck
Kaz
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cal,
There are huge shortages of OT's in NZ along with most health professional jobs. Basically decide where you want to live and you will have no problems finding a job. We chose Rotorua as it is fairly central, offers a lot culturally {33% Maori population I think}, is "small town" rather than big city and is ideal for the outdoors life as it is right in the middle of the lake district. Our children have flourished, they have met loads of new friends and were accepted immediately. As for the sulphur smell, that's only in a small part of the town and to be honest..... I like the smell !!! Houses remain fairly inexpensive compared to other places in the country.

We came on the Work to Residency scheme and are just about to hand in all the paper work for our PR {EOI was selected as soon as we applied a few weeks ago, as we had 195 points}.

Any specific questions, just PM me

Gill
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

You like the smell????!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: