New Zealand - perfect

New Zealand - perfect

Old May 15th 2005, 8:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up New Zealand - perfect

We like NZ a lot. Who wouldn't?

We are thinking about another 6 months this European winter/ NZ summer. Get a bit more use out of the car & house.

NZ - why complain?
Old May 15th 2005, 8:44 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: New Zealand - perfect

Originally Posted by Don

We are thinking about another 6 months this European winter/ NZ summer. Get a bit more use out of the car & house.

NZ - why complain?
Well I think you're a bit of a jammy sod to be honest Don.. I would love to do an NZ Summer/UK summer.. so stop showing off will ya!
Old May 15th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

...not been there yet so I really dont know but in case you havnt heard I'm gonna be on the way there in 23 days!!
Old May 15th 2005, 8:47 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don

NZ - why complain?

I dont know...why complain indeed? But Ive no doubt someone will be along shortly to do so!
Old May 15th 2005, 8:49 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Would be the most ideal way to live ... six months here and then six months in the UK. If we didn't have kids I recon thats what we'd do
Old May 15th 2005, 8:53 pm
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by Debs70
Well I think you're a bit of a jammy sod to be honest Don.. I would love to do an NZ Summer/UK summer.. so stop showing off will ya!
I take your point but we are probably a bit older than you (we are pushing mid 40s) and we have worked blooming hard to get where we are now and will have to work blooming hard in the future, too.

A bit of time out now, hmm? Not such a bad idea, rather now than when I am a cancerous geriatric old fool...
Old May 15th 2005, 8:57 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Don
I take your point but we are probably a bit older than you (we are pushing mid 40s) and we have worked blooming hard to get where we are now and will have to work blooming hard in the future, too.

A bit of time out now, hmm? Not such a bad idea, rather now than when I am a cancerous geriatric old fool...
Ahh you're way older than me Don!! LOL! only kidding.. you get what you deserve anyway.. if you can do it that would be ideal! would you stop in Dunedin then? have you still got your pad there? hey.. we could have been neighbours..
Old May 15th 2005, 9:02 pm
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by Debs70
Ahh you're way older than me Don!! LOL! only kidding.. you get what you deserve anyway.. if you can do it that would be ideal! would you stop in Dunedin then? have you still got your pad there? hey.. we could have been neighbours..
If we do it, Dunedin will be our centre. We like Dunedin!

If we do the 6 month thing we will probably also go back to our favorite places, eg Coromandel's Hot Water Beach , in 6 months you can do a lot.

As I said to m'dear wife today, we're only 'young' (ie this age, not older) once and we certainly won't be doing this kind of lark when we're 80.

So get with it, dude!
Old May 15th 2005, 9:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Don

If we do the 6 month thing we will probably also go back to our favorite places, eg Coromandel's Hot Water Beach , in 6 months you can do a lot.

As I said to m'dear wife today, we're only 'young' (ie this age, not older) once and we certainly won't be doing this kind of lark when we're 80.

So get with it, dude!
Dunedin is beautiful I agree.. couldn't live there full time though.. would prefer a warmer climate. We liked the Coromandel too... but I still liked Nelson the best.. although I thought it a bit too remote.. takes ages to get anywhere from there with those moutain drives. For scenery the South knocks spots off the North though doesn't it?
Old May 15th 2005, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Don

So get with it, dude!
You are so right - why complain? NZ is great. Its got all you need in one country, seasons (I like them), skiing, sun, beach, lakes, hot pools, mud baths, tramping, boating, water skiing, good food, good resteraunts, good wine ..... need I go on. Just wish my family were here with me as miss them. I love it here though, and my children are safer and happier - life ain't bad!
Old May 21st 2005, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

spannermanrob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
...not been there yet so I really dont know but in case you havnt heard I'm gonna be on the way there in 23 days!!
Are you emagrating or just having a holiday?
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi spannermanrob..

We are emigrating there on 7th June.... partner got offered a job in Auckland so we applied under the Skilled Migrant category with job offer and were approved after 2 days!
Quite hectic here with us at the moment as you can imagine but trying to stay calm!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

spannermanrob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hi spannermanrob..

We are emigrating there on 7th June.... partner got offered a job in Auckland so we applied under the Skilled Migrant category with job offer and were approved after 2 days!
Quite hectic here with us at the moment as you can imagine but trying to stay calm!!
Hello Sarah B, We going on holiday this time, we went out to N Z November last year to live, but had to come back due to my mum falling ill. She is all well now, so we going for a holiday to see what we are missing. Our visas came through not long back, we also applied for skilled migrant category and got in. We to are from the east midland area, have you been to Auckland before?