British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   IT New Zealand jobs offers from outside (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-zealand-jobs-offers-outside-897547/)

ITGuy Jun 2nd 2017 4:49 pm

IT New Zealand jobs offers from outside

Hi Folks,

We are a family of 4 just beginning our journey in hope of moving to Auckland within the next 12-24 months. we have two young girls aged 5 and 2 and understand what New Zealand has to offer. i have be working as a Systems Administrator for the past four years, i hold various IT certifications VMware,Cisco (CCNP certified). I just wonder how people are getting job offers from outside NZ? are people using some sort of agent service for this? would someone be able to recommend any service that could help? i would very much appreciate it:)

we are planning to take a trip out to NZ within the next 6 months to try and get a feel for the place. i plan to contact some companies before we leave and see if i can set up some interviews. would anyone know of any good IT companies i could contact? Thanks in advance. D

Spacecake799 Jun 2nd 2017 5:46 pm

Re: IT New Zealand jobs offers from outside

Originally Posted by ITGuy (Post 12264839)
Hi Folks,

We are a family of 4 just beginning our journey in hope of moving to Auckland within the next 12-24 months. we have two young girls aged 5 and 2 and understand what New Zealand has to offer. i have be working as a Systems Administrator for the past four years, i hold various IT certifications VMware,Cisco (CCNP certified). I just wonder how people are getting job offers from outside NZ? are people using some sort of agent service for this? would someone be able to recommend any service that could help? i would very much appreciate it:)

we are planning to take a trip out to NZ within the next 6 months to try and get a feel for the place. i plan to contact some companies before we leave and see if i can set up some interviews. would anyone know of any good IT companies i could contact? Thanks in advance. D

When we were looking into NZ my husband used to apply for IT jobs and then phone up a day or so later to just see what they thought.
When we had booked our flights he contacted agencies in Auckland and told them exactly when we were arriving and that he could come in for talks etc. That was the only way he got people interested, when he had flights booked and a date.

ITGuy Jun 3rd 2017 11:30 am

I was thinking as much:) i guess i will ring around and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

D

Spacecake799 Jun 3rd 2017 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by ITGuy (Post 12265197)
I was thinking as much:) i guess i will ring around and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

D

Robert Walters was the agency he got his first job with

ITGuy Jun 4th 2017 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Spacecake799 (Post 12265387)
Robert Walters was the agency he got his first job with

Thank you!

MrsFychan Jun 4th 2017 11:00 pm

yep boots on the ground is the way to go and understanding the visa process, so get yourself well clued up bearing in mind the changes coming up in August