New Zealand jobs

Old Jan 30th 2003, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand jobs

Hi all,

does anyone have any experience with or know about Taylor & Associates, a consultancy company that offers help with emigration and finding jobs in NZ and Oz. They charge £ 195 up front for an employment appraisal, with £100 refund it they find one is not employable. Quite a stiff fee, I find.

Secondly, does anyone know about the NZ Jobs and Futures Fair which apparently took place "last month" no date given, so I don't know what last month means? Where was it advertised, I've never seen anything, but as I don't live in the UK, maybe that's the answer.

Any help much appreciated

Sashimi
Old Feb 25th 2003, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Zealand jobs

Originally posted by sashimi
Hi all,

does anyone have any experience with or know about Taylor & Associates, a consultancy company that offers help with emigration and finding jobs in NZ and Oz. They charge £ 195 up front for an employment appraisal, with £100 refund it they find one is not employable. Quite a stiff fee, I find.

Secondly, does anyone know about the NZ Jobs and Futures Fair which apparently took place "last month" no date given, so I don't know what last month means? Where was it advertised, I've never seen anything, but as I don't live in the UK, maybe that's the answer.

Any help much appreciated

Sashimi
Sorry this is a late reply. I think I saw that "last month" item on their web site. The site was very out of date at that point, so "last month" was probably the middle of last year! The site's been updated since I complained.

Someone else, on another thread, reported that they were pleased with the service so far from the Emigration Group and Taylor & Associates.

Effectively, the initial assessment is £95, if they don't recommend going ahead (which is useful in itself). The £195/£225 includes a face-to-face consultation before signing contracts, so the fee is, at least, only payable if they take your case on. In the great scheme of things, it's not a great deal of money, I guess. I've seen others charge between £35 and £125, which could get excessive if you're trying to research the best consultant for you.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Effectively, the initial assessment is £95, if they don't recommend going ahead (which is useful in itself). The £195/£225 includes a face-to-face consultation before signing contracts, so the fee is, at least, only payable if they take your case on. In the great scheme of things, it's not a great deal of money, I guess. I've seen others charge between £35 and £125, which could get excessive if you're trying to research the best consultant for you.

In the meantime, we've had an employment assessment done by another company for free. I agree, in the great scheme of things 95 quid is not a huge amount of money, but all they had to do was read the CV and say whether they felt they could help with finding employment from Europe. Took them a couple of hrs. and for that I find 95 a lot of money.

But thanks for your reply. Do you know anything about the employment fair they mention? Nobody seems to have heard of it.

sashimi
Old Feb 25th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sashimi

In the meantime, we've had an employment assessment done by another company for free. I agree, in the great scheme of things 95 quid is not a huge amount of money, but all they had to do was read the CV and say whether they felt they could help with finding employment from Europe. Took them a couple of hrs. and for that I find 95 a lot of money.

But thanks for your reply. Do you know anything about the employment fair they mention? Nobody seems to have heard of it.

sashimi
Remember though, that £95 is for (I believe) a thorough assessment of whether or not you'd be able to emigrate to NZ. Of course, you may be able to determine this yourself, with a degree of confidence. I probably would do the whole thing myself if this wasn't probably my last chance due to advancing years
So, in that light, it's better to pay £95 and save the thousands a full application would take, if you really aren't going to make it. However, I'd probably go for a second opinion if I got the thumbs down.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the jobs fair. However, the organisers of the Emigrate 2003 show (which incorporates "Opportunities Abroad") also organises cut down events, which are primarily jobs fairs, in other parts of the UK. It may be referring to one of these (I think it is in June) although they cover more than just NZ.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

.[QUOTE]Remember though, that £95 is for (I believe) a thorough assessment of whether or not you'd be able to emigrate to NZ.[QUOTE/]

Hmm, not so sure about that. Because they have two separate sections, one for immigration and the other for employment, even though the two of course are closely linked. What we had assessed was whether they found that they could help with finding employment in NZ with these and these qualifications. Not whether we'd be eligible for pr or jsv, and it was my impression that that was also what one would get for those 95 pounds (can't find the pound key). Might be wrong though, but that was one of the reasons why I hoped somebody who's used them might reply. Not that I don't appreciate your input.

We're planning to go to the emigration fair in York in June, so hopefully we can then get some more info on jobs etc.

sashimi