Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand-ization of Aus Economy.

New Zealand-ization of Aus Economy.

Old Jun 7th 2004, 8:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default New Zealand-ization of Aus Economy.

"THE Australia-US free trade agreement would cost the Australian economy almost $50 billion and up to 200,000 jobs, a new study has found."

"Compiled by the National Institute of Economic and Industry Research for the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union, the report found Australia would effectively surrender its chances to expand into knowledge-based industries under the trade deal."

"If all Australian governments sign up for the deal then there is a high risk that Australia could be locked into a return to its pastoral origins; a return to an economy almost totally reliant on its natural resource base."

FTA 'would cost 500,000 jobs'
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:07 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Zealand-ization of Aus Economy.

Originally posted by Megalania
"THE Australia-US free trade agreement would cost the Australian economy almost $50 billion and up to 200,000 jobs, a new study has found."
Doesn't surprise me in the least, the U.S. idea of "free trade" means "you buy our expensive stuff, we refuse your cheap stuff". It's never done Mexico any favours.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:11 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

For the thread showing least promise :
Attached Thumbnails New Zealand-ization of Aus Economy.-lead_sinker.gif  
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Now now Megs
you know nobody wants to read this sort of thing

G
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:24 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Grayling
Now now Megs

G
Yes, if you want a really active thread you need to invite some trolls and spice it up with gratuitous insults.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Now now Megs

G
Yep! Just want to ignore it.....

Except if you can tell me where I can vote against these plans??

At least when I get to Oz I can vote... Not that that will necessarily help...