Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Immigration Programme

Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Post New Zealand Immigration Programme

New Zealand Immigration Programme Fortnightly Selection Statistics

As you are all no doubt aware the NZIS releases it statistic for EOI’s on a 2 weekly basis.

I often watch out for the release of the statistics just out of human interest and I also like to see the number and make up % of the EOI’s, so I thought why not start a thread where I can update the masses every 2 weeks, seems like a good idea.

So for your enjoyment here is the link to find the entire document

www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/

and here is my abstract of said document (straight copy and paste)

Fortnightly Selection Statistics – 26 April 2006

673 EOIs representing 1584 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.

To be updated, errrrrrrrr…….every 2 weeks.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Immigration Programme

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

As you are all no doubt aware the NZIS releases it statistic for EOI’s on a 2 weekly basis.

I often watch out for the release of the statistics just out of human interest and I also like to see the number and make up % of the EOI’s, so I thought why not start a thread where I can update the masses every 2 weeks, seems like a good idea.

673 EOIs representing 1584 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.

Thats 2.3536 people on every EOI.... is the point 3536 just parts of people.... maybe some arms or legs??

....well I am blonde!!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking New Zealand Immigration Programme

I wet my knickers when I saw your reply, that really ticked my humour G spot.

Well done, very good!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Good.... glad you liked the "blonde stats".

Can you tell I'm bored tonight? .... we have a thunder storm over Auckland at the moment and its tipping with rain.... noisy on the tin shack roof! As usual nothing good on TV to watch... although SuperNanny was good earlier.... 5 kids!! Yikes!! I've only got one and thats bad enough! Oh well.... might as well go to bed.... nothing else to do ...nudge nudge!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:08 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Good.... glad you liked the "blonde stats".

Can you tell I'm bored tonight? .... we have a thunder storm over Auckland at the moment and its tipping with rain.... noisy on the tin shack roof! As usual nothing good on TV to watch... although SuperNanny was good earlier.... 5 kids!! Yikes!! I've only got one and thats bad enough! Oh well.... might as well go to bed.... nothing else to do ...nudge nudge!
Reminded me of me !!!!! I have 5 but thank God not all boys.
I know exactly how she feels, glad they are abit older now. We are gonna get sky cause the TV here is very bad, Im not a big TV watcher but I hardly ever sit in front of it unless CSI is on. But we have a TV now so no more early nights for me !!!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:31 pm
livewire

We got Sky a little while ago and it's nice to have some more choice, the movie channels and sky one not as good as UK Sky imo. I guess that soon we may need to hook up to the sports package if the WC matches are being screened there (rather than on ESPN) I need to find out for the DH before he misses any of them.

Shhhh.....the strange thing is I've started to watch some UKTV - and am watching some of the shows I would never have bothered looking at in the UK. This is a worrying development, possibly incurable

Best show on at the moment is Spooks - you just knew his wife was going to meet a sticky end last night hey!

whoops!! sorry NG, not meant to be a thread hijack

Last edited by livewire; Apr 27th 2006 at 10:34 pm.

Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

I watch the reports regularly. If you do you will have noticed the distinct decline in the number selected since last year when the change took place. Also, in this particular draw there are more EOI's selected then on the recent draws and that for the first time, there is a significant number of people from off shore with no job offers. You will see too that a number of EOI's selected were from as low as 100 points but you cannot determine how many had only 100 points. At least you can say that if you have a skill in demand and only 100 points and no job offer, you may still be selected, but shouldn't count on it.

The word fortnight means fourteen nights. So it is not quite correct for the NZIS to indicate that they have a draw each fortnight unless they complete the draw in the evening. The draw really takes place bi weekly or every two weeks as you say. However, the NZIS website also experiences spelling mistakes. Not sure if you noticed.

Another disappointing observation on the draw is that the Canadians made up less than one percent of the applications once again. I wonder why more of us don't make the move as NZ is much like Western Canada?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up New Zealand Immigration Programme

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
However, the NZIS website also experiences spelling mistakes. Not sure if you noticed.
What me??

Miss a spilling mistake, bugger and twice bugger!!

I do agree with all of your observations and comments, I wonder if it is to satisfy an un-elected Foreign Minister?

Without being rude there is extremely bad use of the English language, not only on this shallow website, but also in many official documents, both Kiwi and PoM.

I sometimes cringe at the poorly structured grammar and syntax, but then again most miserable people are also cynical people so nothing new there then!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

The Foreign Minister is elected, he is just not a labour MP in cabinet. I hope that NZ abandons its experiment with MMP. I agree that it is nice for everyone to have their point of view heard, but I disagree with the ease that MMP forces those on the fringe onto the rest of us. The goal should be good government which is not what MMP seems to be able to deliver.
Old May 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Reminded me of me !!!!! I have 5 but thank God not all boys.
I know exactly how she feels, glad they are abit older now. We are gonna get sky cause the TV here is very bad, Im not a big TV watcher but I hardly ever sit in front of it unless CSI is on. But we have a TV now so no more early nights for me !!!
Hi

I have 5 boys and I thank God!

Gail
Old May 13th 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Default New Zealand Immigration Programme

Fortnightly Selection Statistics – 10 May 2006

649 EOIs representing 1389 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.
Old May 30th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

New Zealand Immigration Programme – Skilled Migrant Category fortnightly selection
Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A selection of Expressions of Interest (EOI) under the Skilled Migrant Category took place on 29 May 2006.
The following EOIs were selected:

All those at or above 140 points = 476 EOIs
All those with a job or job offer claiming total points between 100 and 135 points = 112 EOIs
All those claiming 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and claiming total points between 125 and 135 points = 80 EOIs

Total selection = 668 EOIs

No other analysis at the moment..........
Old May 30th 2006, 10:17 pm
M..
Just Joined

M.. is an unknown quantity at this point

New Zealand Immigration Programme – Skilled Migrant Category fortnightly selection
Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A selection of Expressions of Interest (EOI) under the Skilled Migrant Category took place on 29 May 2006.
The following EOIs were selected:

All those at or above 140 points = 476 EOIs
All those with a job or job offer claiming total points between 100 and 135 points = 112 EOIs
All those claiming 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and claiming total points between 125 and 135 points = 80 EOIs

Total selection = 668 EOIs

No other analysis at the moment..........
Interesting that the points needed if you have work exp in an area of skills shortage have gone back up again. At the last selection (12th May?) you only needed 100 total points and 15 in an area of skills shortage or 105 with 10 in an area of skills shortage.

Looks as though the points move to keep total selection at the 650ish mark?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Fortnightly Selection Statistics – 7 June 2006

· 220 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 140 or above;

· 55 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140, and included points for offers of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand.

· 71 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140, and included 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage.

· 66 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140, and included 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage.

· 159 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140, and included 10 points for a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage

· 47 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 120 or more but less than 140. These EOIs did not claim points for offers of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand, work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage or for a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage. These EOIs were ranked in descending order of points.

As a result, 618 EOIs representing 1441 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Question New Zealand Immigration Programme

Is it me or are the numbers getting less???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.