Reload this Page >

New Zealand Health Insurance

New Zealand Health Insurance

Old Nov 21st 2004, 12:22 am
Just Joined

nadja31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand Health Insurance

HI all,

we have decided and are moving to Queenstown. Love the town, love the activities, love the jobs it offers my hubby and myself. Feeling very positive about it now.

Presently we are insured with MBF. What sort of private insurance (health) is recommendable in Queenstown? Do they have Medibank? How is the Medicare coverage there (same as Oz?).

Wonder how hard it is to get NZ perm. residency as an OZ perm. res with an OZ citizen husband.... Mh. Has anybody been in that situation? Else I could apply for Australian citizenship but would have to give up my European one then....
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:47 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Zealand Health Insurance

Originally Posted by nadja31
HI all,

Wonder how hard it is to get NZ perm. residency as an OZ perm. res with an OZ citizen husband.... Mh. Has anybody been in that situation? Else I could apply for Australian citizenship but would have to give up my European one then....
Answer: easy, in fact it's automatic. Aus PRs can get NZ Perm Residence status on arrival in NZ, I guess you need to ask for it though or you probably otherwise get a tourist stamp.

Do a search here for many posts on the same subject, & issues to watch out for eg losing Aus P Residence.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:38 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Zealand Health Insurance

That’s interesting Nadja,

We are in the process of moving from South Africa to NZ and have been spending A LOT of time on these forums and it seems that most folk leave NZ for Aus.

I would be very interested to hear your reasons for moving to NZ if you wouldn’t mind bashing a few words.

Cheers & good luck

Campbell.