Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand is great because........

New Zealand is great because........

Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand is great because........

Originally Posted by Maz
Genesis, keep it up, I always love reading your posts.

Heh... yep I used to live in Paris!
Thank you sweetie!! I hail from Essex, Ilford/Dagenham I am afraid..really scraping the barrel of the county, aye? Are you NZ bound? Pray, what are y'all doing in the ol' US of A? I have friends in Raleigh NC...grrrrrrrreat place..and the Outer Banks..awsome man!!!! Would like to hear all about you!!!

Tara for now,

G. PS I am half french too..the other bit's Irish. Mad dog.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:20 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Well...... we live in Auckland and our door is hardly ever locked at night We forget - and you can only forget when your subconscious tells you it's safe to. It might bite us on the bum at some time but for now it's cool. I now sleep in at the weekends instead of being awake at the crack of dawn as I had been for years before we came here. Those are things that you can't put a quantifiable value on - I think.

Years ago, when I first met Mr Batty, I couldn't understand why he missed his country so much. I didn't miss mine. I missed my family but not the country. He was the other way round - and now I know why. It gets into your blood. This land that we are walking on every day is alive in a way that no other country I've lived in has been. Even without experiencing an earthquake, the volcanos, dead and alive, that I see are enough to remind me of that. And that makes me feel alive. The rain is as violent as the security shutters falling on a supermarket and even if I'm caught in it I laugh. You're a long time dead and anything that makes your blood race has got to be good.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:40 am
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Genesis
Thank you sweetie!! I hail from Essex, Ilford/Dagenham I am afraid..really scraping the barrel of the county, aye? Are you NZ bound? Pray, what are y'all doing in the ol' US of A? I have friends in Raleigh NC...grrrrrrrreat place..and the Outer Banks..awsome man!!!! Would like to hear all about you!!!

Tara for now,

G. PS I am half french too..the other bit's Irish. Mad dog.
Woo hoooooo!!! All hail a fellow 'Namite - Dagenham born and bred me!!! Small world
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:43 am
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

Ooooooooooops, got so carried away seeing a fellow Dag'nam persona on here, I forgot to cite why NZ is so great ...

Many, many, many, many reasons, but a fave one of mine is that I get asked for ID everywhere, and I'm 31 - got away with buying pints in 'Nam back when I was 14!!!

So flattering
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiwiKate
Ooooooooooops, got so carried away seeing a fellow Dag'nam persona on here, I forgot to cite why NZ is so great ...

Many, many, many, many reasons, but a fave one of mine is that I get asked for ID everywhere, and I'm 31 - got away with buying pints in 'Nam back when I was 14!!!

So flattering
You sound like my wife who's also Kate, more than once has she been taken for my daughter! You Kates have extraordinary young looks..which is nice.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:44 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hello fellow Essex person and Kiwikate too. I am also from Ilford (Gants Hill). Didnt know there were so many of us on here escaping good ol' Essex.

Also live in Auckland and agree with Batty. I never ever feel unsafe here. I know stuff happens but there isnt that air of menace you can get in some parts of London. In London hated going out after work and travelling home late at night on the tubes - that was menacing! But here doesnt bother me at all getting late night buses home from the city and never feel unsafe being in the city on my own either. I like that feeling.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazal
Hello fellow Essex person and Kiwikate too. I am also from Ilford (Gants Hill). Didnt know there were so many of us on here escaping good ol' Essex.

Also live in Auckland and agree with Batty. I never ever feel unsafe here. I know stuff happens but there isnt that air of menace you can get in some parts of London. In London hated going out after work and travelling home late at night on the tubes - that was menacing! But here doesnt bother me at all getting late night buses home from the city and never feel unsafe being in the city on my own either. I like that feeling.
Gants Hill aye? I lived just off Perth Rd on the commonwealth estate...how appropriate considering where I have ended up!!!!!!!! I was in Christchurch Rd to de precise..next to Dunedin Rd, Brisbane Rd....etc, etc. There's a Palmerston Rd (Not north!) in Buckhurst Hill. How long you been over? We have been here since April 2005 and adore the place!!!!! The Gants Hill Odeon's gone now you know. Did you used to go to Faces? What a small world. NZ's great innit? Miss much about the UK...but there is home now for Kate the kids and myself..how about you..got kids etc?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

We've escaped from Essex too

OH was born in Nam (Maxi Rd) but escaped to Marks Gate at a very young age. Don't know what's worse. We were living in Collier Row just before we moved out here.

I'm in the NZ is great camp too . It does feel safer and friendlier here. Saying that though, OH went for an early morning run today and a row of shops had their window's smashed in. It's a first. Hopefully it won't be a regular event

Jo