Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Forum R.I.P!

New Zealand Forum R.I.P!

Old May 3rd 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Re: New Zealand Forum R.I.P!

All tshirts are to be bright pink!!!!! With frills!!! ( So that they are only a little bit Dale Winton!)
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppets
ditto , thats what i've been doing too
I had wondered why I hadn't seen you on this forum recently. Are you OK?
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by trigod
All tshirts are to be bright pink!!!!! With frills!!! ( So that they are only a little bit Dale Winton!)
Think you should go the whole hog on the Dale Winton front and go for the orange skin too!
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

"When you hear the beep it's time for SUPERMARKET SWEEP!"
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trigod
"When you hear the beep it's time for SUPERMARKET SWEEP!"
Which I don't know if you know is back on our screens!
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Which I don't know if you know is back on our screens!

Thanfully we dont know that!!!!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Apple Tree
Thanfully we dont know that!!!!!
You do now!

Go on, own up, you know that's one of the few things you miss about the UK!
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

You do now!

Go on, own up, you know that's one of the few things you miss about the UK!
it's one of the few things which stops me going back to the UK! That and all the other naff celebrities

I wish he would go and do supermarket sweep in iraq to entertain the troops. Preferably in a local hot spot where the militia are fighting over their readybrek.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

OH is getting really fed up with the amount of 'reality tv' programmes. They are getting rather boring!

I'm a celebrity, Big Brother (how many bloody more series can they carry that on for!!), celebrity dancing, celebrity ice skating, celebrity singing, celebrity horse riding!!! Pleassssse!!

I do think we will miss The Apprentice though!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:42 pm
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

OH is getting really fed up with the amount of 'reality tv' programmes. They are getting rather boring!

I'm a celebrity, Big Brother (how many bloody more series can they carry that on for!!), celebrity dancing, celebrity ice skating, celebrity singing, celebrity horse riding!!! Pleassssse!!

I do think we will miss The Apprentice though!!
the apprentice is on here a couple of series behind. love the don
Old May 4th 2007, 2:14 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

dont bother coming here then, there is Survivor Jungle, Survivor Fiji, Survivor Auckland, American Idol, NZ Idol, americas next top model, dancing with the stars, biggest loser, apprentice, dragons den........

Old May 4th 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree that name-calling and being personally offensive is not on. It's also nice to read/hear about someone's happy life from time to time - but that's it, it's 'nice'. Life is a bit of a sh*t a lot of the time for a lot of people, wherever you are, and a standard coping mechanism is to resort to humour. Nearly all bad things are funny if you look at them in the right way (barring a recent death or similar, clearly) and I think the negative posters are simply finding the humour in the bad. It's a fact of life: good = nice, sometimes exciting for the persons directly involved; bad = laugh your socks off funny for anyone who chooses to take it in the way it is mostly intended. Billy Connolly did not get where he is today by talking about the joys of life.

And no, I am not comparing myself or any other poster to the Big Yin - he is (as we all are, I suppose) unique.

It should also be mentioned by way of reminder that finding the humour in the bad also brings a certain amount of exaggeration with it - making it all the more funny.

Insults to a person aside, I can't understand why people don't find things funny more often. Laughter is the best medicine, as the old cliche goes (of course, if you are genuinely happy all the time you may consider that you don't need any medicine - but if you are genuinely happy ALL the time, you are also a liar, and I'm not being personal).

I am not suggesting that happy people shouldn't say they are happy, just that all people should try to find the funny (read 'bad'/'negative'/ 'bitter' etc.) funny.

Not including pot luck dinners. They are not at all funny.

Ever.
Old May 4th 2007, 11:26 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
I would agree that name-calling and being personally offensive is not on. It's also nice to read/hear about someone's happy life from time to time - but that's it, it's 'nice'. Life is a bit of a sh*t a lot of the time for a lot of people, wherever you are, and a standard coping mechanism is to resort to humour. Nearly all bad things are funny if you look at them in the right way (barring a recent death or similar, clearly) and I think the negative posters are simply finding the humour in the bad. It's a fact of life: good = nice, sometimes exciting for the persons directly involved; bad = laugh your socks off funny for anyone who chooses to take it in the way it is mostly intended. Billy Connolly did not get where he is today by talking about the joys of life.

And no, I am not comparing myself or any other poster to the Big Yin - he is (as we all are, I suppose) unique.

It should also be mentioned by way of reminder that finding the humour in the bad also brings a certain amount of exaggeration with it - making it all the more funny.

Insults to a person aside, I can't understand why people don't find things funny more often. Laughter is the best medicine, as the old cliche goes (of course, if you are genuinely happy all the time you may consider that you don't need any medicine - but if you are genuinely happy ALL the time, you are also a liar, and I'm not being personal).

I am not suggesting that happy people shouldn't say they are happy, just that all people should try to find the funny (read 'bad'/'negative'/ 'bitter' etc.) funny.

Not including pot luck dinners. They are not at all funny.

Ever.
I so love this post
Old May 4th 2007, 11:32 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sky
I so love this post
But was it funny?!
Old May 4th 2007, 11:37 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
But was it funny?!
No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.