British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New Zealand football thread type thing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-zealand-football-thread-type-thing-483564/)

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 5:24 am

New Zealand football thread type thing

I know there's a locker room on the site-but I'd rather keep the chat here too-between us!
I reckon tomorrow am,Villa will beat Leicester,Blackburn Birmingham into extra time,Fulham to beat Bolton,Chelsea to hammer Hull,Coventry to beat Man U 8-0,Sheff Wed to pip Everton,Spurs to beat Boro,West Ham and Plymouth extra time,Celtic to beat Dundee,and East Fife 12,Rangers 0.:eek:

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 5:26 am

Re: New Zealand football thread type thing

Transferring from Morinho etc,think Ted has a point. But not this year. Think the Arse look fantastic and Man U scum just as strong-but I at least think we'll be closer than ever before. Chelsea will suffer away from home.

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 5:38 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355325)
I know there's a locker room on the site-but I'd rather keep the chat here too-between us!
I reckon tomorrow am,Villa will beat Leicester,Blackburn Birmingham into extra time,Fulham to beat Bolton,Chelsea to hammer Hull,Coventry to beat Man U 8-0,Sheff Wed to pip Everton,Spurs to beat Boro,West Ham and Plymouth extra time,Celtic to beat Dundee,and East Fife 12,Rangers 0.:eek:

Leicester
Blackburn
Fulham
Chelsea
Man U
Everton
Boro
West Ham

Celtic
Rangers

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 5:39 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355330)
Transferring from Morinho etc,think Ted has a point. But not this year. Think the Arse look fantastic and Man U scum just as strong-but I at least think we'll be closer than ever before. Chelsea will suffer away from home.

I just think that Chelsea has too much of an experienced squad to not be in the top 4, saying that it depends who chooses the team in the end.

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355364)
I just think that Chelsea has too much of an experienced squad to not be in the top 4, saying that it depends who chooses the team in the end.

Injuries though. At the mo,no Lampard,Carvalho,Drogba the Cheating Btard,and they're already 5 pts behind,but you right,they've been there before. Leicester to beat Villa? Nice 1!

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 6:04 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355396)
...... Leicester to beat Villa? Nice 1!

I have this feeling in my water that there be an upset there

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355410)
I have this feeling in my water that there be an upset there

Bit of a derby-champ team with sumat to prove-Villa notoriously inconsistent. Could be spot on there,brother Ted.

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 6:48 am

Well Cardiff are safely through to the 4th round with Robbie Fowler and Jimmy Floyd finaly firing on all cylinders for the first time since we signed them.:thumbup::cool:

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 7:03 am

Originally Posted by niseysOH (Post 5355511)
Well Cardiff are safely through to the 4th round with Robbie Fowler and Jimmy Floyd finaly firing on all cylinders for the first time since we signed them.:thumbup::cool:

Good result that. 4-2 away to the Baggies. Good to see our little smackhead still knows where the onion bag is!

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 7:20 am

4 up inside the first half hour i was disappointed they didn't score 6 but it all a step in the right direction.

Need to get some home form going now......

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 7:22 am

Originally Posted by niseysOH (Post 5355561)
4 up inside the first half hour i was disappointed they didn't score 6 but it all a step in the right direction.

Need to get some home form going now......

Is Davy Jones still manager?

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 7:34 am

Yes he is and now Risdale is in charge in the boardroom instead of Sam the man.

Never sure on the financing which is a worry but the new stadium is under way at last on a ground share scheme with the Cardiff Blues rugby team.

I think Jones is the man to lead them to the premiership and the team looks very good this year on paper its just not been gelling that wel so far and the results have been lacking.

They've looked good in games so i've been told and the die hards believe this could be the best years for ages when the team gets its act together.

Early season stutters are ok but now 7 games in they have to go on a run to be serious contenders......at the moment they are just 7-8 points away but that can't go on.

simonmarkellis Sep 26th 2007 7:49 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355535)
Good to see our little smackhead still knows where the onion bag is!

:rofl::rofl:

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 7:58 am

Originally Posted by niseysOH (Post 5355588)

Never sure on the financing which is a worry but the new stadium is under way at last on a ground share scheme with the Cardiff Blues rugby team.

I think Jones is the man to lead them to the premiership and the team looks very good this year on paper its just not been gelling that wel so far and the results have been lacking.

They've looked good in games so i've been told and the die hards believe this could be the best years for ages when the team gets its act together.

Early season stutters are ok but now 7 games in they have to go on a run to be serious contenders......at the moment they are just 7-8 points away but that can't go on.

Always good value Cardiff. Love the passion they have for their team and country. Hard as bollocks too.

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 8:50 am

The passion has been hard at times especially when stood in just 1500 people when you're struggling in the 3rd division as was or waiting on the club surviving until the next game..........:(

But as a dyed in the 'wool' fan of the bluebirds the good times come and go on a continuous cycle it seems.........

Been plenty of highs to go with the many lows over the last 20 years or so.

Hope to visit the new stadium in the next few years for a home game and would love to be at fortress Ninian for the last home game but i can't see that happening.......

Dustybin Sep 26th 2007 9:16 am

Just to put you all right. Newcastle will be winning the league this year. I know this as it will be the first time in 15 years that I can't get to the match!! :p

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 5355842)
Just to put you all right. Newcastle will be winning the league this year. I know this as it will be the first time in 15 years that I can't get to the match!! :p

Why can't they get a team that matches the passion of the fans?
My wife is a makem and loves it!

Avid Sep 26th 2007 9:20 am

Originally Posted by niseysOH (Post 5355588)

They never let Harold Shipman continue to practice after he got locked up...but they still allow Risdale to own a football club.

Amazing, isn't it?

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Avid (Post 5355856)
They never let Harold Shipman continue to practice after he got locked up...but they still allow Risdale to own a football club.

Amazing, isn't it?

What did Risdale do? Can't remember.

Avid Sep 26th 2007 9:26 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355863)
What did Risdale do? Can't remember.

Destroyed Leeds.

Dustybin Sep 26th 2007 9:29 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355850)

Ahh the mighty makems, them with the best supported team in the north east, :confused::confused:

Still good to know that will only be bothering us for one year at a time!
We did work out that the main reason they have a problem is no one knows where sunderland is..

Conversation goes like this..

so where are you from then??

Sunderland..

Where's that then??

Near Newcastle.. (normally said with a red face through gritted teeth!):thumbsup:

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Avid (Post 5355874)
Destroyed Leeds.

He deserved a bloody medal than didn't he :D :D

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:33 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355850)

Newcastle's problem has always been defense, but big Sam has changed that around, now its the strikers he has a problem with. :rofl: :rofl:

She loves what Danny ???? :D

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355897)
Newcastle's problem has always been defense, but big Sam has changed that around, now its the strikers he has a problem with. :rofl: :rofl:

She loves what Danny ???? :D

Certainly not me,mate.

Dustybin Sep 26th 2007 9:38 am

She loves what Danny ???? :D[/QUOTE]

The fact she left the place!!:thumbsup::rofl:

Oh and our defence isn't that bad. Had the best home defensive record in the 2 or 3 years ago, just old andy grey on sky would never tell you that!

As for big Sam.. is he really that big?? He'll have to be careful not to get stuck in the nice shiney bucket seats in the dug out!

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Avid (Post 5355874)
Destroyed Leeds.

Last seasons home game against Leeds was fun especially after Risdale was banned from Elland by the New Leeds board.

We won and they were virtually consigned to relegation.

There was what could be called an interesting atmos in the ground that day:rofl::rofl:

Risdale got out of Leeds unscathed unlike the club......they spent on the back of the Champions league money of years back when they seemed to be the next big club. Then failed to get a CL slot and thats where the problems began.......

A good mate of mine is a die hard Leeds fan who used to travel from Sputh Wales to virtually all their games and he just cannot believe the fall from grace of the last few years. We waved as they passed by on the way down......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:41 am

Yip the problem of a club that thought it was big :rofl: :rofl:

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:43 am

hmmmm Cardiff, interesting one there, unsure if I like them or not.

Saying that they did make me smile when they went to Darlington in either 92 or 93 and supporters in one of the pubs started baa'ing.

teambwr47 Sep 26th 2007 9:43 am

Last seasons home game against Leeds was fun especially after Risdale was banned from Elland by the New Leeds board.

Dave Jones got some seriously over the top abuse from the leeds fans that day..............

Not 100% sure about him and the accusations mind.

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355906)
Certainly not me,mate.

Oh yes she does matey. otherwise she wouldn't say all those horrible things about you.

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355922)
Yip the problem of a club that thought it was big :rofl: :rofl:

Am I right in thinking they're bottom of Div 1,or were a couple of weeks ago? Remember Sheff Wed doing summat similar. God bless the Yorkies!

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 9:55 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 5355964)
Am I right in thinking they're bottom of Div 1,or were a couple of weeks ago? Remember Sheff Wed doing summat similar. God bless the Yorkies!

But they are unbeaten..... If only I think you hear them saying

They are the only team in Britian with a 100% record

simonmarkellis Sep 26th 2007 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355934)
Oh yes she does matey. otherwise she wouldn't say all those horrible things about you.

Aaarrrrgghhhhhhhh ain't love grand or is it makem foreplay?:p

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5355973)
But they are unbeaten..... If only I think you hear them saying

They are the only team in Britian with a 100% record

Ah-just checked. They've played 7,won 7,on 6 points though cos of the docked 15 points! There's a quiz question for the future. What team played 5,won 5,and were bottom of the league?!

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 10:06 am

What team lost in the 3rd round and 4th round of the FA Cup in the same year ??

Boopy Sep 26th 2007 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 5355882)
Ahh the mighty makems, them with the best supported team in the north east, :confused::confused:

Still good to know that will only be bothering us for one year at a time!
We did work out that the main reason they have a problem is no one knows where sunderland is..

Conversation goes like this..

so where are you from then??

Sunderland..

Where's that then??

Near Newcastle.. (normally said with a red face through gritted teeth!):thumbsup:

Another Mackem here!
I had my Sunderland top on at work yesterday, when a tutor of a student came in. She was a kiwi & knew exactly where Sunderand was - her hubby is also a Mackem & has lived here for over 20 years - what a small world.
Haway the lads!

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 10:11 am

What's a woman doing on our thread ????? :p

This is about football dear, get back in the kitchen and make us a brew. :D :p

Boopy Sep 26th 2007 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5356037)
What's a woman doing on our thread ????? :p

This is about football dear, get back in the kitchen and make us a brew. :D :P

Thought I'd spoil your fun. :thumbup:

danny.f Sep 26th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5356022)
What team lost in the 3rd round and 4th round of the FA Cup in the same year ??

Bloody know this-bugger. What year was it?

Ted Logan Sep 26th 2007 10:26 am

might as well give you the answer as well than