Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand fashion trends

New Zealand fashion trends

Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:01 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile New Zealand fashion trends

Kathmandu puff jackets (in black of course, everything will be in black forever! ) and tight jeans.

It’s bizarre sometimes what catches on (a survival jacket that is generally unappealing in shape?) but it’s definitely a trend at the moment.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand fashion trends

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Kathmandu puff jackets (in black of course, everything will be in black forever! ) and tight jeans.

It’s bizarre sometimes what catches on (a survival jacket that is generally unappealing in shape?) but it’s definitely a trend at the moment.
Nz'ers cant afford Kathmandu. Must be warehouse or k-mart imitation.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I will not become one of the 4 million 2 legged sheep
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: New Zealand fashion trends

Originally Posted by Browner_
Nz'ers cant afford Kathmandu.
Unless someone is selling fakes...they have the Kathmandu thingy on the back of the collar.

I hope short shorts come back around next summer:

Who likes short short? Me liiiiike short shorts .
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Unless someone is selling fakes...they have the Kathmandu thingy on the back of the collar.

http://www.crestock.com/images/57000.../576653-xs.jpg
So stubbies and kathmandu?

The puffer jacket was in the regrettable fashion book that I was reading the other day.
Universally unflattering, people seem to thing that because they are goose down that some how makes up for their stay-puftness.
Maybe I don't appreciate them as I am a warm aucklander.

Saying that I do take on the kiwi style of wearing my stripy polyprops under my t-shirts as a winter look.
Have also been known to throw a dress over my pants
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

http://www.crestock.com/images/57000.../576653-xs.jpg
Haha.. Me too. like ya taste in fashion there fella...lol...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that isn't either Jeggings or the favoured Trelise Cooper-esque-mutton-dressed-as-lamb-with-bits-stuck-on style, can only be a good thing.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Body warmers..... I rest my case.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

Farmers in Tauranga is where good taste went to die! There are things in there made from the same stretchy fabric my mum used to buy her ready made sofa covers in - from the indoor market, in Wales, in the 70s

On a very positive note, I do now wear a baseball cap if I can't be bothered with my hair. A pair of shades and some lip gloss and I look dressed up lol!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: New Zealand fashion trends

mmm...stretch fabric sounds like good idea. Like Jane Fonda in the 80's:

If you see her in the 70's Misha Barton is a bit of a look alike (but Jane looked less anorexic and in better condition ).
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha I detest puffer jackets with a passion!

I do, however, wear Daisy Dukes I'm still young enough to get away with them Only in summer though, and never with leggings.

Now, jeggings... what the hell...???
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:54 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

my Kathmandu 3/4 length down coat (and yes it's black - doesn't show the dirt as much as the attractive pale blue one). Living in 'the deep south' comfort and warmth wins over looks every time. OH only made the Michelin Man comment once beore he realised that wasn't going to get him in my good books!