New Years Eve

Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default New Years Eve

....Makes me laugh in NZ...

Especially on the Hibiscus Coast where all the pubs seem to close early...weird aye?

Im usually in bed long before midnight but was trying to find somewhere to go this year to stop being boring bugger...Could not find one organised thing locally...

I remember the 1st year in NZ walking round Orewa looking for somewhere to go for a drink only to find everywhere CLOSED on NYE...weird aye?

Whats everyone got planned for NYE this year and am I the only one who goes to bed early?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:21 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Eve

Originally Posted by NZGrl
....Makes me laugh in NZ...

Especially on the Hibiscus Coast where all the pubs seem to close early...weird aye?

Im usually in bed long before midnight but was trying to find somewhere to go this year to stop being boring bugger...Could not find one organised thing locally...

I remember the 1st year in NZ walking round Orewa looking for somewhere to go for a drink only to find everywhere CLOSED on NYE...weird aye?

Whats everyone got planned for NYE this year and am I the only one who goes to bed early?
Strange, NYE is a huge night in Nelson, busiest night of year for most bars, restaurants and cafes. All will be open and all will be busy. Would love an early night but will be making cocktails for merry punters I believe .....
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mapua will be open for business. I believe there are at least 3 bands on around the village for starters.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of us off to the Pacific Bar, Gulf Harbour tonight. That's open!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

party at a friends place.
bars will be shut early here as well, bloody stupid if you ask me.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS
Mapua will be open for business. I believe there are at least 3 bands on around the village for starters.
Bevs

The whole of Christchurch is up here at this time of year; they need something to do, I don't know how the Nelson/Tasman region fits them all in!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

my party wa good,im drunk and am going to bad
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:49 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Spent New years Eve in Napier it was awesome!! pubs open well past 1am, I expect Wanganui was as dead as ever, I hate it and want to leave and live in Napier, Husband is looking for work in the Hawkes Bay area so we will have to see what comes up, never really settled in Wangas and never made any real friends, and never will the people who live in Wanganui/Palmerston North area on this Brit expats never made any effort to meet up either.

The sooner i get out of this shit ole the better as far as im concerned.

ok got that off my chest now back to my tonic water!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Spent New years Eve in Napier it was awesome!! pubs open well past 1am, I expect Wanganui was as dead as ever, I hate it and want to leave and live in Napier, Husband is looking for work in the Hawkes Bay area so we will have to see what comes up, never really settled in Wangas and never made any real friends, and never will the people who live in Wanganui/Palmerston North area on this Brit expats never made any effort to meet up either.

The sooner i get out of this shit ole the better as far as im concerned.

ok got that off my chest now back to my tonic water!
That's just how my daughter & hubby felt that's why they moved to Papamoa but nevertheless some people like it. They were there 6 months but never settled due to the fact they always seemed to be on their own and did not have any friends. That went for my Grandson as well.

I always say its the same with holidays if you meet up with someone they can make or break your holiday. Perhaps you have not found your slot yet. All the best in the New Year whatever you decide to do.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
That's just how my daughter & hubby felt that's why they moved to Papamoa but nevertheless some people like it. They were there 6 months but never settled due to the fact they always seemed to be on their own and did not have any friends. That went for my Grandson as well.

I always say its the same with holidays if you meet up with someone they can make or break your holiday. Perhaps you have not found your slot yet. All the best in the New Year whatever you decide to do.
Thanks and Well its not that easy to move we have to see what jobs come up but thanks for the moment I will make the most of it here at least we have a lovely house and my lovely family and my friends who live in Napier only a 3 hour drive away so it could be worse
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Perhaps you have not found your slot yet. .
That's a lovely way to put it.

Love30stm that your hubs finds a job and you get to move over to Napier soon.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
That's a lovely way to put it.

Love30stm that your hubs finds a job and you get to move over to Napier soon.
Thanks Bev xxx
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=NZGrl;8202494]....Makes me laugh in NZ...

Whats everyone got planned for NYE this year and am I the only one who goes to bed early?[/QUOT

everyone i know up this way was headin 2 a house party - didnt check out anywhere as we have friends over from scotland and we also had no babysitter