Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Year Resolutions?

New Year Resolutions?

Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:24 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New Year Resolutions?

Anyone making any and if so what are they?

I'm not bothering, as I kind of make resolutions on a weekly basis and they last about a day ...

I will stick with one I made about 4 years ago that has served me very well, in particularly this year which has had it's challenges. "Treat others as you would like to be treated."
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Year Resolutions?

Apart from the usual weight loss...I'm going to make sure I get some ME time and get out with my kayak
Old Dec 28th 2010, 3:55 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Apart from the usual weight loss...I'm going to make sure I get some ME time and get out with my kayak
for the kayack not the weight loss!!

Still trying to decide on my NY resolution......so many vices not sure which one I could give up .....if any!! Might do a stint 'on the wagon'

Last edited by MnB; Dec 28th 2010 at 3:55 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

janetlindsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

I'm not bothering, as I kind of make resolutions on a weekly basis and they last about a day ...

I will stick with one I made about 4 years ago that has served me very well, in particularly this year which has had it's challenges. "Treat others as you would like to be treated."
Like that one Loolah, losing weight is mine every year and last year I actually managed to lose over 2 stone, getting 2lb away from my goal but only to pile loads back on again! This year it's to save up as much as possible, every time I'm tempted to spend I ask myself, do I really need that? I hope it's going to work! x
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janetlindsey
Like that one Loolah, losing weight is mine every year and last year I actually managed to lose over 2 stone, getting 2lb away from my goal but only to pile loads back on again! This year it's to save up as much as possible, every time I'm tempted to spend I ask myself, do I really need that? I hope it's going to work! x
Got anything special in mind for the savings then B??
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Same one as every year
Continue being FABULOUS
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:49 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Got anything special in mind for the savings then B??
...Not me!! If I manage to save its by accident!!
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Arrow Re: New Year Resolutions?

My resolution is to get julie, our little lucy and myself to Hamilton and find a house and decent school lolol
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Talking Re: New Year Resolutions?

So, translated, that means 'Don't turn up without a bottle of Bollinger and a packet of Marlborough' then!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
So, translated, that means 'Don't turn up without a bottle of Bollinger and a packet of Marlborough' then!
Hahahhahaha ... The last time you bought a bottle of Bolly to the party you drunk it in a corner. Alone. Wearing a Do Not Disturb sign ...
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

well last year it was to be a silver fern
so didn't quite manage that one .....so will opt for ............living life to the fullest & becoming a silver fern !!!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Lose weight.....this can be done by drinking less wine and exercising more......but then I feel miserable when I do exercise and the weight stays the same then I drink wine.......so will take each day as it comes,try to be the best person I can and try to get some time for me ( not had any me time for a long,long,long time ) once all my visitors have gone by mid April.

Phyl x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Lose weight.....this can be done by drinking less wine and exercising more......
I've got 4 weeks to a big birthday and I'm determined to have lost weight by then!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:21 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Not resolutions as such but, this is the year I will:

reach my target weight, and hopefully shut my doctor up once and for all;

go on a holiday with just my OH (no kids ) - first time just the two of us in 20 years

visit the Pacific Islands (kind of fits in with the above )

make some concrete plans for a visit home

here's to 2011 - bring it on
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Batty
I've got 4 weeks to a big birthday and I'm determined to have lost weight by then!

How big

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.