Reload this Page >

New Year In Auckland

New Year In Auckland

Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Skipton, North Yorkshire to Auckland North Shore
Kiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Year In Auckland

So what's happening in Auckland on New Years Eve / New Years Day thats worth checking out. I'm arriving from the UK late on the 30th & my plans for New Years Eve have fallen through already.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Year In Auckland

You might be disappointed, not much happens on NYE. Fireworks at midnight from the Skytower - best viewpoint Devonport. Families gather there early and picnic along the waterside; not much of a party atmosphere, parking is a problem and the traffic getting out is a nightmare. Get ferry from CBD if you are staying in town,
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You might be disappointed, not much happens on NYE. Fireworks at midnight from the Skytower - best viewpoint Devonport. Families gather there early and picnic along the waterside; not much of a party atmosphere, parking is a problem and the traffic getting out is a nightmare. Get ferry from CBD if you are staying in town,
glad i caught this thread
i'll probably be in aucky or whangarei on new years eve

thought folks would be out and about on new years eve
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the jetlag going to to render you useless as a partyboy!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Skipton, North Yorkshire to Auckland North Shore
Kiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get through without getting too much jet lag. I'm use to working night shifts & then going without sleep the day after.

I'm finally doing the big move, i'm moving over by myself & i'll be in the city centre for 3 nights before hoping to go & stay with some friends.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
Well Aucklanders will be starting the mass exodus over the next few days, they'll be heading out of town to their families either overseas or elsewhere in NZ, off to their baches or camping somewhere. People in work are already drifting off and by Wednesday there'll be very few left 'in the office', so many shops cafes and restaurants close down for the entire two week Christmas holiday or more.

The young crowds gather at places like Whangamata and Mt Maunganui for beach parties and to partake in the annual tradition of lighting fires on the beaches and throwing beer bottles at the police.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
glad i caught this thread
i'll probably be in aucky or whangarei on new years eve

http://www.viewauckland.co.nz/inside...ture-4469.html