Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New in Waitakere - Elaine & Simon

New in Waitakere - Elaine & Simon

Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:05 am
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice
Default New in Waitakere - Elaine & Simon

Hi Everyone, been here 4 weeks and just bought a house in Glen Eden. Anyone out West Auckland way?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: New in Waitakere - Elaine & Simon

Hi Elaine and Simon,

We are just further out than you in Huia and my friend is in Glendene but I think she will be along soon to say Hi.

Let us know if you fancy a coffee.

Debi
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Kelly33 is on a distinguished road

Hello Elaine and Simon. Just thought I would pop in and say hi and welcome to the West. I understand my friend Debi has already popped in and said hello as well.

If you have any questions about living in Waitakere, I will do my best to answer them for you.

Kelly x
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I meant to say Banshigirl
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Oh and we have another friend..... Pricklykina who lives in Blockhouse Bay. We all met on this site. So it just goes to prove that sites like this really work
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Hello too!
I'm not really a westie, just over the border, but now that we're all one City I can claim to be a westie
I can't buy liquor at my local supermarket so must be sorta Waitakere.

Hope you're enjoying Glen Eden
Great organic shop there and near to the Oratia markets which is pretty cute
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kelly33
Hello Elaine and Simon. Just thought I would pop in and say hi and welcome to the West. I understand my friend Debi has already popped in and said hello as well.

If you have any questions about living in Waitakere, I will do my best to answer them for you.

Kelly x
Thanks Kelly, and thanks for the welcome. No specific questions as yet but am sure I will do! Actually, where is good for clothes/bag shopping around here or is it best to go into Auckland? There was a Westfield centre near us where we lived near Manukau which seemed quite good.

Thanks!
Elaine x
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Hello too!
I'm not really a westie, just over the border, but now that we're all one City I can claim to be a westie
I can't buy liquor at my local supermarket so must be sorta Waitakere.

Hope you're enjoying Glen Eden
Great organic shop there and near to the Oratia markets which is pretty cute
Thanks and Hello!

Not seen much of Glen Eden yet as have been wall-paper stripping though think I have seen the organic shop near the train station. What days are the Oratia markets on?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hi Elaine and Simon,

We are just further out than you in Huia and my friend is in Glendene but I think she will be along soon to say Hi.

Let us know if you fancy a coffee.

Debi
Hi Debi,

Thanks. A coffee would be good if you have the time. I'm not working yet so anytime is good really although my husband takes the car to work so during the week I'll have to figure out the buses!

Elaine
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

The markets are on Saturdays
Oratia Farmers Market

There's a mall in New Lynn or a bigger one in Henderson (Westfield)
All much of a muchness really.

St Lukes is probably the nicer but more of a hike (I'm only over it as it's close to work and I've been there too much)
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richardse
Thanks Kelly, and thanks for the welcome. No specific questions as yet but am sure I will do! Actually, where is good for clothes/bag shopping around here or is it best to go into Auckland? There was a Westfield centre near us where we lived near Manukau which seemed quite good.

Thanks!
Elaine x
Hi Elaine. There is Lynn Mall in New Lynn although the shopping there is quite limited as it is only a small place. Or there is a Westfield in Henderson. Much better shopping there. It doesn't really matter which one you go to as you are in between both of them as I am. Henderson is up the hill from you and Lynnmall is down the hill (off the Great North Road).

Kelly x
Old Nov 10th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hi Elaine,

Have sent you a PM with my number in as I go into New Lynn on Thursdays and would love to meet for a coffee.

I know there are some coffee shops in Glen Eden so just give me a text and we can meet up.

I go to Playgroup till about 11 but am free after that.

Debs
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kelly33
Hi Elaine. There is Lynn Mall in New Lynn although the shopping there is quite limited as it is only a small place. Or there is a Westfield in Henderson. Much better shopping there. It doesn't really matter which one you go to as you are in between both of them as I am. Henderson is up the hill from you and Lynnmall is down the hill (off the Great North Road).

Kelly x
Thanks Kelly! I'll have to check them out sometime when I've figured out the trains and buses.

Elaine x
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pricklykina
The markets are on Saturdays
Oratia Farmers Market

There's a mall in New Lynn or a bigger one in Henderson (Westfield)
All much of a muchness really.

St Lukes is probably the nicer but more of a hike (I'm only over it as it's close to work and I've been there too much)
Thanks for the info!

Elaine
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hi Elaine,

Have sent you a PM with my number in as I go into New Lynn on Thursdays and would love to meet for a coffee.

I know there are some coffee shops in Glen Eden so just give me a text and we can meet up.

I go to Playgroup till about 11 but am free after that.

Debs
Hello,

Thanks for your mob and the invite - I dont have a mob here yet though and our land line isnt working yet either at the new house so I couldnt contact you. Sorry. Shame as it would have been nice to meet up today. I can always get the bus or train somewhere though another time to meet up.

Elaine x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.