New To Tauranga

Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice
Default New To Tauranga

Hi all,

My name is Gary, I moved here with my wife and 2 kids (11 + 2 yrs) mid July 2011. We are renting in welcome bay, and would love to here any friendly welcomes that you have. We are keen to get out and meet new people who have experienced the alien feelings that we are wading through day by day. We have definitely made the right move by leaving Wolverhampton and we appreciate that friendships take time to develop.....still, it can't harm to have a helping hand now can it???
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New To Tauranga

Hi again and welcome to our cosy wee NZ forum.

My husband is from Wolverhampton originally but moved from there to Bournemouth , my home town, in the 80's. All his extended family still live in Wolvo.

First ever contact , his cousin tried to get me to say " You'm can forget your thankes, I'd rather have a pint of Bankes" in a Wolvo accent.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice

Another classic is "yowv ad bad digs ay ya" (good grief you look slighlty older than your years)

but my personal favourite is "yow wi we or wo?" (are you coming with us or not?)

All of my extended fam in wolves too......NZ is bostin' ay it?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:55 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary & family and welcome to the forum
You've come to the right place if you're looking for advice and new friends. Check out the Meet ups in New Zealand section and perhaps even start a thread there to find people in your area.

I'm sure many of us would love to hear about your first impressions and experiences in New Zealand!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Default 3 weeks in

Well we are 3 weeks in and loving NZ.
I think part of the fact that we did it as a family and it was such a big step has made us feel even closer.
The grey summers in the UK are a thing of the past and we have hit the beach and the parks loads more than we ever thought possible at this time of year.
My wife and I agree that we feel quite settled already (maybe naively) but all the signs are good.
We met a lovely couple and their daughter from this website the other day, and it was great to compare notes. It's amazing how much they can teach us about the local areas and events. (They have been here less than a year).
This website is great for introductions and Private message today contained a coffee invite with another local family.
We shall be meeting with them and hopefully thats another friend for my son
Thanks to all for making us feel so welcome
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:11 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

That all sounds super It sounds like you're off to a great start in your new life! I don't think that's naive at all, it's more of an embracing your new life sort of thing IMO, well done! Looking forward to hearing more updates from you