new to site

Old May 13th 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

tinman1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to site

wife and i are planning to move to new zealand in the next two years has anyone had a bad experience with the immigration procedure and are there any good sites out there to get an insite to current living expensis eg food and utilities rental and housing market prices
Oh and can any one direct us to a good site site jobs my wife is a qualified nurse and myself is a registered manager mental health or geriatric
Old May 13th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to site

Originally Posted by tinman1uk
wife and i are planning to move to new zealand in the next two years has anyone had a bad experience with the immigration procedure and are there any good sites out there to get an insite to current living expensis eg food and utilities rental and housing market prices
Oh and can any one direct us to a good site site jobs my wife is a qualified nurse and myself is a registered manager mental health or geriatric
Hi there! Go to www.trademe.co.nz for houses (under real estate in their index) and www.propertybrokers.co.nz for real estate again. Re jobs just google what you want. Ie nurses jobs in whatever region of Nz you fancy..or simply google nursing vacancies in NZ you will have much to peruse.

NB in the trademe site you will find everything else you will need and the prices of them for life in NZ. Re white wear go to Noel Leeming NZ or Harvey Norman NZ on google again. That should keep you busy for a while.
Old May 13th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Welcome, this is a good site for loads of info. We arrive in Welly on the 13th June. So crazy packing, sorting, organising going on. Where are you thinking of going?
I'm surprised with you qualifications that you are struggling to get in. Don't let one bad experience with immigration put you off. I first went to welly with my Kiwi husband 23 years ago. I got a job and went to get my work visa, only to be told I couldn't have it as the job could have been given to a New Zealander. My Swedish sister in law had got hers two days earlier, so I stood my ground and asked to see a supervisor only to be then told yes I could have it. Don't be put off, listen to the advice given to more experienced people on this site and go for it.
Hope all goes well
Kaz
Old May 13th 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babybella
Hi there,
Welcome, this is a good site for loads of info. We arrive in Welly on the 13th June. So crazy packing, sorting, organising going on. Where are you thinking of going?
I'm surprised with you qualifications that you are struggling to get in. Don't let one bad experience with immigration put you off. I first went to welly with my Kiwi husband 23 years ago. I got a job and went to get my work visa, only to be told I couldn't have it as the job could have been given to a New Zealander. My Swedish sister in law had got hers two days earlier, so I stood my ground and asked to see a supervisor only to be then told yes I could have it. Don't be put off, listen to the advice given to more experienced people on this site and go for it.
Hope all goes well
Kaz
hi Kaz
Thanks for the reply not long for you now then, we have been doing research for a while now and even gone to the new zealand consulate in London so we know how to apply for the migrant worker visa but do not know what would be the best way to go wether on own or use an agency like THE IMIGRATION GROUP so that you get an imigration adviser how did you go about it if you don't mind me asking
Regards, Craig n Jenny
Old May 13th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

hi Kaz
Thanks for the reply not long for you now then, we have been doing research for a while now and even gone to the new zealand consulate in London so we know how to apply for the migrant worker visa but do not know what would be the best way to go wether on own or use an agency like THE IMIGRATION GROUP so that you get an imigration adviser how did you go about it if you don't mind me asking
Regards, Craig n Jenny
Sorry Craig,
can't answer that as we are already NZ citizen's but sure that someone else on here will be able to.
Yes not long for us now until our return down under.
Don't be put off, my hubby is a kiwi, and our 3 boys were born there. Really happy that they had their younger years in NZ, swimming in the Hutt River, playing on the beach ect. Just hope I'm not going back with the rose tinted glasses. Nowhere is utopia but NZ was pretty good to us.
God luck
Kaz
Old May 13th 2011, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babybella
Sorry Craig,
can't answer that as we are already NZ citizen's but sure that someone else on here will be able to.
Yes not long for us now until our return down under.
Don't be put off, my hubby is a kiwi, and our 3 boys were born there. Really happy that they had their younger years in NZ, swimming in the Hutt River, playing on the beach ect. Just hope I'm not going back with the rose tinted glasses. Nowhere is utopia but NZ was pretty good to us.
God luck
Kaz
Ok thanks looking at Auckland at first as need the wife to work in one of the bigger hospitals but are prepared to move to the suburbs for cheaper property ect where in new zealand are you from and where would you reckon be the better place for relocation LOL sorry for all the questions
Old May 13th 2011, 9:08 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

hi Kaz
Regards, Craig n Jenny
Hi,
We came over using www.workingin-visa.com the bloke you should speak to is Paul Goddard he is on skype and facebook he is expat and now lives up in Auckland most of the consultants are expat so they understand and been down the route themselves.And they are cheaper!!

Good luck

Last edited by mwhite1962; May 13th 2011 at 10:11 pm. Reason: Forgot to add
Old May 14th 2011, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

hi Kaz
Regards, Craig n Jenny
Hi Craig & Jenny
Most of us on here have gone down the DIY route. Tons cheaper!! Stay away from immigration advisers unless you have a complicated case.
There is lots of good relevant information on this forum so just ask.
You should be looking at the skilled migrant visa which gives you PR straight away. Your wife may be better as the principal applicant, as I am unsure if your job is on the skills shortage list but nurses certainly are.
Contact the DHB`s directly in the area you fancy and take it from there. Your wife will also need to be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand, found here: http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/ind...1,25,html/Home and have to pass the IELTS exam. Again lots of threads on all these subjects. Just ask and browse!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:47 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with Robdon. Do it yourself unless you have some complications in your life or your past that will make things a bit trickier. Immigration advisors are very expensive and that money could be better spent elsewhere. You will find emigrating is not cheap!
It is easy enough to apply, just make sure you read up on what is involved and what needs doing and when. Ask on here if you need any advice.
The advantage of using your wife as the principal candidate is that nurses are on the long term skills shortage list [LTSSL]. This means that your EOI has more chance of success even if it means you apply with a lower points total. Have a look at the 'history of selection points' on NZIS website to see what I mean.
Is your job on the LTSSL? May be worth working out how many points you would get as principal candidate and also how many your wife would get. Then decide based on no. of points and likelihood of selection.

History of Selection points

Last edited by Persephone; May 14th 2011 at 12:52 am.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok thanks looking at Auckland at first as need the wife to work in one of the bigger hospitals but are prepared to move to the suburbs for cheaper property ect where in new zealand are you from and where would you reckon be the better place for relocation LOL sorry for all the questions
Hi Craig,
Bit biased i'm afraid on where to locate.
We are from Wellington and are heading back to Wellington as that is what we know and hubby got a job there. Wellington hospital is large and busy. Their is also a psyc unit in Porirua for work for you (or there used to be, unless it got closed). Been 10 years since we left so I'm not sure what is still around.
Could you afford the money and time to do a reccie trip to help you decide on location?
Cheers
Kaz
Old May 14th 2011, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Persephone
I'd agree with Robdon. Do it yourself unless you have some complications in your life or your past that will make things a bit trickier. Immigration advisors are very expensive and that money could be better spent elsewhere. You will find emigrating is not cheap!
It is easy enough to apply, just make sure you read up on what is involved and what needs doing and when. Ask on here if you need any advice.
The advantage of using your wife as the principal candidate is that nurses are on the long term skills shortage list [LTSSL]. This means that your EOI has more chance of success even if it means you apply with a lower points total. Have a look at the 'history of selection points' on NZIS website to see what I mean.
Is your job on the LTSSL? May be worth working out how many points you would get as principal candidate and also how many your wife would get. Then decide based on no. of points and likelihood of selection.

History of Selection points
Thank you for the advise we will most likely do it our selves got the cost from immigration in london plus the EOI form which we would do online as cheaper we don't plan on doing anything until about this time next year as not sure the time span of application think it may go through quite quick as both have no criminal records and hopefully the wife would get a good job offer just trying to find out some facts and there has been some ppl on here who went through an agent and some who did not looking at wellington at first but open to suggestions cheers for reply m8
Old May 15th 2011, 7:13 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the advise we will most likely do it our selves got the cost from immigration in london plus the EOI form which we would do online as cheaper we don't plan on doing anything until about this time next year as not sure the time span of application think it may go through quite quick as both have no criminal records and hopefully the wife would get a good job offer just trying to find out some facts and there has been some ppl on here who went through an agent and some who did not looking at wellington at first but open to suggestions cheers for reply m8
Do it yourself. Anything you get stuck on, simply do a search of the site or post a question. As for location, concentrate on getting jobs or job offers, research the area (s) the offers are from and decide which is best for you and your family, pay the place a visit (if you can) and get a feel for it, what suits some of us, might not suit you.....

As for time frame, this can vary wildly from 2 months (fast track) to 12 months plus and don't forget to factor in a house sale, if you're selling to move here, as well as the container shipping. Good luck