Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New potential Kiwi...

New potential Kiwi...

Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default New potential Kiwi...

Hi folks, ive made a couple of posts over the last couple of days, so tought id give a quick intro....

Im looking to move to NZ with my partner and 2 kids (8 years and 10 weeks old) sometime over the next 18-24 months. We are both Registered Nurses, and almost made the switch to NZ 6 years ago, but a big promotion here in the UK got in the way of that. Ive had itchy feet ever since, but my partner has taken some time to come round to the idea again. I now work as an Offshore Medic off the West African coast on a 4/4 rota, and my partner is a Health Visitor.
An unforeseen bonus of the Offshore industry is that it is a truly global workforce..we have 4 Aussies on our rig, who travel each trip at company expense, basically allowing us to live anywhere in the world that will have us.

Having been to NZ on holiday 2 years ago, and having a sister who lives in Auckland, we know that it is the place for us, and our son has been desparate to move ever since he saw that his cousin went to school barefoot!

So here i go, back on the info hunt for the EOI...im reckoning we score 150 points (both 32 yrs old, 9 years work exp, both have qualifications on the Long Term Shortages List, sister has residency in NZ), so it shouldnt be a huge problem, so long as the NZIS are willing to accept our nursing qualifications despite the fact that i wont be working there, nor will the missus who is going to become a full time mum. If they wont, then we wont be going!

Hoping to be debt free and have few thousand in the bank before we go, havent told our son yet either..i'll see how enthusiastic the wife is in 6 months time! (fingers crossed)
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:13 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New potential Kiwi...

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
Hi folks, ive made a couple of posts over the last couple of days, so tought id give a quick intro....

Im looking to move to NZ with my partner and 2 kids (8 years and 10 weeks old) sometime over the next 18-24 months. We are both Registered Nurses, and almost made the switch to NZ 6 years ago, but a big promotion here in the UK got in the way of that. Ive had itchy feet ever since, but my partner has taken some time to come round to the idea again. I now work as an Offshore Medic off the West African coast on a 4/4 rota, and my partner is a Health Visitor.
An unforeseen bonus of the Offshore industry is that it is a truly global workforce..we have 4 Aussies on our rig, who travel each trip at company expense, basically allowing us to live anywhere in the world that will have us.

Having been to NZ on holiday 2 years ago, and having a sister who lives in Auckland, we know that it is the place for us, and our son has been desparate to move ever since he saw that his cousin went to school barefoot!

So here i go, back on the info hunt for the EOI...im reckoning we score 150 points (both 32 yrs old, 9 years work exp, both have qualifications on the Long Term Shortages List, sister has residency in NZ), so it shouldnt be a huge problem, so long as the NZIS are willing to accept our nursing qualifications despite the fact that i wont be working there, nor will the missus who is going to become a full time mum. If they wont, then we wont be going!

Hoping to be debt free and have few thousand in the bank before we go, havent told our son yet either..i'll see how enthusiastic the wife is in 6 months time! (fingers crossed)
Welcome Smogmonster - you'll find tons of useful and useless information ehre along with a few nutters - but great support!

Congrats on your 10 week old!

There's loads in the nursing profession on here I'm sure they'll be along at some point.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there SmogMonster and welcome to this forum.

Hopefully you have found the replies to your posts a bit helpful.

Ask away and happy posting.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:16 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Smogmonster - have some karma to start you off
I'm a mental health nurse, work in Forensics. Starting my new job on Monday
Karen X