Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

new plymouth new zealand

new plymouth new zealand

Old May 21st 2003, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

tracey710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new plymouth new zealand

can anyone tell me the nice areas in new plymouth , hospitals and if there are any mobile crane companies. is it a good place for 18,16 +14 yr olds.
Old May 21st 2003, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We are going to New Plymouth to live by the end of the year. Visa's willing. i have got a job at the Base Hospital in New Plymouth as a midwife. we dont know much about the area and Im sorry i cannot help you with mobile cranes etc.

Helen
Old May 21st 2003, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

what made you decide on new plymouth.
Old May 21st 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I was looking for work in New Plymouth as a nurse (Emergency). Found a website www.thcl.co.nz for the hospital. Gives a contact telephone number for specialities and HR. e-mailed HR and got a response to check their web page regularly.

Phoned the manager of the ER. Must say she was the most negative of all the Kiwi Nurse Managers that I spoke to - a bit like my earlier responses when I was considering Oz. She told me to check their web site to.

New Plymouth does sound nice though.

Have you applied for NZ Registration. The Registration Council is very incompetent - made three time consuming mistakes. Took four months to Register. Will be three months for PR now then a month to sort out airfares (ignoring house sale). Will have taken eight months minimum.

Good luck.
Roger
Old May 21st 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

penzer is an unknown quantity at this point

when i went to emigration fair 2003, mayor told me you can walk streets at 12.00 am after watching film at local cinema with family and not get any hastle. friend moved there in october and loves it. he says people are great and its so relaxed. suppose they are just 2 points of view?
keep asking.

good luck.
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:16 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new plymouth new zealand

Originally posted by tracey710
can anyone tell me the nice areas in new plymouth , hospitals and if there are any mobile crane companies. is it a good place for 18,16 +14 yr olds.

Hi Tracey
Don't know about new plymouth, but do know that ports use cranes so if there is a port near by hubby might find a job.
see you soon
Sarah
Old May 22nd 2003, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that sarah, there is a port in taranaki i believe . from the threads on here there seems to be a shortage of hgv truck drivers so we are looking at that as well. i would still like to hear from someone who knows the area and can advise us.
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:33 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tracey710
thanks for that sarah, there is a port in taranaki i believe . from the threads on here there seems to be a shortage of hgv truck drivers so we are looking at that as well. i would still like to hear from someone who knows the area and can advise us.
Goodness me!!
yes there is a lot of industry in new plymouth as regards to ports,thats where nz brings in all the petrol for the country.
New Plymouth is actually a big town and it is cheaper to live there than the east coast
Old May 24th 2003, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

thanks for all your replies .i am still looking for more info on specific areas in new plymouth. send me a private message if you don't want to risk upsetting anyone. thanks
Old Jun 11th 2003, 10:26 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone updates you on New Plymouth let me know because it the area we are looking to move to.

Thanks
Kara
Old Jun 21st 2003, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new plymouth

Try checking out this http://www.newplymouthnz.com/council...c+profile1.pdf you'll need Adobe Acrobat reader but it gives you a profile on education, population, economic growth, and deprivation, categorised into the different areas of new plymouth, it's a bit of a long read, but there's a chart showing deprivation in all the areas, which gives you an overall glimpse as to good and bad areas.

We're also heading out to taranaki, visiting in 5 weeks, so will let you know how it goes.