New Plymouth

Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default New Plymouth

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what areas are good and which aren't?!

We would like to be within reasonable commute of a large town, close to beach and an area with good schools. I know - I don't ask for much do I!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Plymouth

hiya

If you are in NP Town you are only a few minutes from 2 of the main beaches , Fitzroy and Ngamoto .Fitzroy and strandon are both good areas .. and for ngamoto you would be better off in spotswood or something next top that.. only area i have been told to watch was marfell, and i have never been there to see for my self. Bell Block is a nice new up and coming area though its not in town and only has a rocky beach though its lovely, your probably a 10 min drive into town from there so not very far anyway

I dont think you will struggle to find a nice place to live here, just remember everywhere has its horrible houses but always lovely ones in the same street

anything else give me a shout

caz
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Thanks Caz

How difficult do you think it would be to find a job? Hubby is a carpenter, I'm a cook and in my life before children did secretarial/admin work.

Are schools good in the area? I hear a mixed bag of opinions on the educational system in NZ.

Nicky
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Im really not sure on the job front as my hubby is an electricain but im sure chefs are needed and in the job list on immigration but dont quoate me on that.. as to schools highnlands intermediate is meant to be very good, and also where i live (ingle wood 10-15 minutes drive out of town) apparently people from town try to get there kids in to both primary and big school as there so good inglewood primary and inglewood high school though not sure on excact names i would have to look for you . I love inglewood its like a wee village , everything on doorstep and dont use car apart from my weekly shop. try online

this is where OH got job http://www.seek.com.au/ theres nz part of it somewhere and theres also http://www.workcircle.co.uk/?ad=goog...FQ-mQwodBW68tg

anyway if you need anything else give me a shout
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
We would like to be within reasonable commute of a large town, close to beach and an area with good schools. I know - I don't ask for much do I!!!
In UK terms NP is a small town not a large one but the biggest for several hours drive....have a look at GoogleEarth to get a better idea....NZ's large areas of population are few and far between.

Last edited by luvwelly; Jan 18th 2009 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

yea not a large town , though has evrything thats needed , i think anyway, has all the shops, bars, night clubs, restaurants, beaches etc . It is around 5 hours drive to Auckland , 35 to fly and same to wellington, took us 3 and half hours to get to bay of plenty and around 2 hours palmy . got to say though the drives are lovely i actually would of thought i was back in scotland when we were driving in taranaki apart from the sun that was a big give away lol.. oh yea and it was voted best town to live in with population under 75,000

caz
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Red face Re: New Plymouth

Hi we moved to New Plymouth at the end of Oct 08 and currently renting a property in Vogeltown, but no matter where you live in NP your not far from anything you want to do and there is park virtually right on everyones doorstep (so many).
Although we would love to try and organixe a big BBQ for everyone thats new don't really know where to start!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:41 pm
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Only 3 weeks and 2 days off our arrival in New Plymouth. It does sound a lovely place to live. My OH was wondering about the job situation either in care work,hotel or kitchen work. Second poser is that we have yet to book our flights from Auckland to New Plymouth. Would this be possible to book at the airport ? If i knew the name of the airline i could book it online. Any help would be most appreciated. We really can't wait to get there and put faces to names.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hi who you flying to Auckland with???
There is only 1 company that does internal flights as far as i know, and that is air new zealand.. would be great to meet up when you get here, just let us know if you need anything else before you arrive would be happy to help, and Yes it is a beautiful place but you haven't long before you find that out for your self.. AY!!!
Love Andrea x
Oh and looking through the local mags and job section on the net there id loads of jobs in bars/pub/resturants and care work going....
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:08 pm
Tauranga

Thanks for that Andrea.

We are flying with Cathay Pacific. You have put Elaines mind at rest anyway.Will look online now for connecting flight, Cant wait to get away from this freezing weather, This place is grinding to a halt with all the snow blizzards. thanks again
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: New Plymouth

I bet!!! we only arrived here on the 1st of November, looks like we had a lucky escape lol....
email when you get here and we'll all have to meet up for a coffee and a natter..
[email protected]

Hope everything goes to plan, speak to you soon.
Andrea x
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:53 am
Tauranga

Hi Andrea,
Have booked the internal flight, arrive in New Plymouth at 6.00pm
Cant wait. See you all soon.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

well if you need a lift from the airport or anything just give us a tinkle, honestly!!!! would be happy to help..
Old Feb 7th 2009, 1:51 am
Tauranga

Cheers Andrea, Will see how good an agent we have now. But jf he can't make it, Will probably need that lift you have kindly offered. Will let you know as soon as he lets me know what his plans are. Thanks Andrea