Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Plymouth = the dogs proverbials!!

New Plymouth = the dogs proverbials!!

Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Plymouth = the dogs proverbials!!

The place to be. I have never thought otherwise. Never been there but always hear constantly good things about the place! Just won the best place to live in the world (by the United Nations I think) for a population C75k. It was seen as thus taking a whole raft of things into perspective.

Well done New Plymouth. Where else can you surf AM and ski PM?????

I would NOT hesitate living there alas Palmy got in 1st!!!!!

Love Palmy but one would be a fool to realise there are not way better places to live with hindsight. Personally I could not start again down the road of new chums and learning all about a new environ. Perchance in a new life?

The only downside to NP..bit remote aye? But then again then could be a HUGE attraction for many!!!!

For all those thinking of NP as a relocation choice....doesn't sound like you'll do much better.

Hoorah for Taranaki, aye??
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:22 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Plymouth = the dogs proverbials!!

North & South featured it - I almost bought a copy just to read that.....as my former Kiwi workmates (from up North originally) seemed to malign it whenever they had to travel down.
But there you go........horses for courses
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

after all the hard work of getting there i am so happy i managed to secure work in new plymouth. fly out from heathrow on the 2nd and my new boss is meeting me in palmy and then driving my family and i to taranaki before i start work.

all the good things being said about it means it can only get better and we hope it lives up to is all new dogs B******* reputation

jim and debs x
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

At Last a thread that has some good news, anybody know what the skiing is like there?
Might be worth a trip up there next year. It really is nice to hear positive things about life in New Zealand.

Wait for it the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will appear soon to spread some doom and gloom, they wont be able to resist
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Shouldn't laugh should i
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:43 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I better not be a witch.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aww hon i don't think Lardyl meant you
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:48 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Aww hon i don't think Lardyl meant you
nah - I'd spend too much time worrying about how the horse worked to bother riding it.......so I can't be one of he aforementioned....
or maybe....

ooppps - looks like this thread could end up as custard too...........
maybe I should be the "Grim Reaper" for threads....???
And no K-P you are not a witch..........
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:50 pm
you dewty owld maan!

sorry ladies............
had to remove the post as it may well have caused

a fence......post....

/get me coat/
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lardyl
sorry ladies............
had to remove the post as it may well have caused

a fence......post....

/get me coat/

Do you think Patrick can ride
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:54 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

ok, will smooth my ruffled feathers back down.

And wipe the indignant expression off my face. After all, I have already been accused of working for the NZ Tourist office
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
ok, will smooth my ruffled feathers back down.

And wipe the indignant expression off my face. After all, I have already been accused of working for the NZ Tourist office
some people are just too paranoid..........
and some statements are just too ambiguous......
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon

Do you think Patrick can ride
mmm....not sure, he can probably "joy" ride.....

Seriously though ...at least he "has some backbone".....maybe he is Death...where's Binky???....

I like him and will defend him and his right to speak out - to the last.......along with Jokie, Avid, Browner, Soupy, Mazi (the other one!), brussel, Sky, et al.

Might not like all they post but they have the right to do it - unless it gets personal/out of hand......
Of course, once it gets personal then those involved probably have lost the debate.......
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:11 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

it's not paranoid if they really are following you
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:13 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to New Plymouth, but would like to - it always seems like it is out on its own, not on the way to anywhere.

Or is it just subconsciously that I would have to drive through Wanganui to get there??

Last edited by southerner; Nov 12th 2008 at 12:16 am. Reason: got an extra dig in....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.