Reload this Page >

New to NZ - Looking to make friends on the Hibiscus Coast

New to NZ - Looking to make friends on the Hibiscus Coast

Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:18 am
Just Joined

ExPat64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to NZ - Looking to make friends on the Hibiscus Coast

Hi there,

I'm a 64 year young lady who arrived in Auckland in August.

I moved to NZ to join my daughter and grandson and am keen to meet other expats on the Hibiscus Coast. I'm about to move into a new house in Stanmore Bay and would be keen to hear from anyone else in the area who is looking to make some new friends.

Look forward to hearing from you all
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:53 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to NZ - Looking to make friends on the Hibiscus Coast

Hey, big welcome to BE to you As you can see, I'm not in NZ but thought I'd just say Hello. Some of the NZ forum members will be along shortly to give you more information than I can give you.

Ha... 64 is no age - you're as young as you feel, right? Have a great time in NZ
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExPat64
Hi there,

I moved to NZ to join my daughter and grandson and am keen to meet other expats on the Hibiscus Coast. I'm about to move into a new house in Stanmore Bay and would be keen to hear from anyone else in the area who is looking to make some new friends.

Hi there Expat64,
Welcome to BE. I've lived in Gulf Harbour for nigh on 5 years now & love it up here (most of the time ).
I'm not really one for meet-ups anymore having been burned a couple of times. I know that some people of around your age group & older meet up for Ten-pin Bowling on a Wednesday morning in Whangaparaoa. I'll try & find out more for you.

Are you interested in the theatre at all? People of all ages volunteer at Centrestage Theatre in Orewa in a number of different roles: performing, crewing, sewing, ushering, front of house etc. It's a great way to get to know new people. We have a show coming up, commencing on the 5th November. "Return to The Forbidden Planet", it's a really fun show.

Sorry for the plug

I know it's hard making new friends but you do need to be a bit forward in making friends. Good luck
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierges in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:13 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExPat64
Hi there,

Hi Expat64,

I don't come on the boards very often anymore, but just happened to be browsing today and came across your post. Firstly, welcome to NZ and the HBC, hope you're settling well .

Secondly, if you fancy doing a bit of volunteering and getting some fresh air, Shakespear Park at the end of the Peninsula has a committed group of volunteers that go along to help out on Tuesdays. Most people are in your group age if that's what you are looking for. The park is closed at the moment and I believe only the regular volunteers are allowed in, but they reopen on 1st December and with the nursery being expanded they will need more hands on deck if that takes your fancy...

Additionally, my husband and myself also started this group recently to try and expand our circle of friends, you are very welcome to join it (it's free) and come along to any meet-ups that take your fancy.

Hope that helps!