Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to NZ - Couple

New to NZ - Couple

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Location: Auckland, Waiheke Island (Moving to Tauranga Dec-Jan)
Karearea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to NZ - Couple

Hello All,

My name is Richard and my wife's name is Lucinda. We arrived in Auckland a month ago and we are starting to find our feet. We are currently staying on Waiheke Island but moving to Tauranga in December or January as my Job starts at the end of January for the new School Year.

We both love the outdoors and we would like to start putting a few few roots down, meeting like-minded people. It would be great to go fishing, play a round of golf or any sport. As a couple, enjoy walks, have a chat over coffee, pub quiz etc...

Just caught and filleted my first Snapper!

Richard
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:30 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to NZ - Couple

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

Thanks for popping into introductions. I know nothing about NZ I'm afraid, even though I live just across the water.

Anyhoo, the NZ concierges are busy at the mo so I've just popped into say hello.

If you've got this far then you are probably net / forum savvy so I won't bore you with where to find everything. BUT if you do get stuck, then send me a PM.

All the best and enjoy B.E.,

Alistair.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:11 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karearea

Richard
Oooh can I come over for dinner? I love snapper. We can get the snapper fillets in the supermarket sometimes here.

Anyways...... welcome to BE. There's a good bunch of folks on the NZ forum so Enjoy.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our virtual community
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE. We are a friendly helpful bunch in NZ, mostly!

Whereabouts in Tauranga are you coming? There's a large group of expats here, many in Papamoa/Mount and several that frequent the forum over in town. We do try to organise get togethers and there have been a couple of recent enquiries as to when the next one may be for some newer arrivals. I'd provisionally said I'd look at trying to organise something after the RWC. This will probably be before you arrive. But as I say we try to do one every couple of months.

Shout out if you need anything before you arrive, there's usually someone to help.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Location: Auckland, Waiheke Island (Moving to Tauranga Dec-Jan)
Karearea is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much, I think after the RWC is a good idea for a meet up. If there is a meet up my wife and I would drive down for a couple of days, its only a few hours away and we would welcome the opportunity to meet people.

all the best

Richard
Old Sep 25th 2011, 2:55 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard an Lucinda

Welcome to BE.
I normally lurk in the Goa forum so I know nothing about NZ - but I see you already have your first invite with the friendly mob on here, so I don't think it will be long before you are making friends and settling in.

Have fun, enjoy the meet ups, and all the best in your new home

Dread - x
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice

Hello All,

My name is Richard and my wife's name is Lucinda. We arrived in Auckland a month ago and we are starting to find our feet. We are currently staying on Waiheke Island but moving to Tauranga in December or January as my Job starts at the end of January for the new School Year.

We both love the outdoors and we would like to start putting a few few roots down, meeting like-minded people. It would be great to go fishing, play a round of golf or any sport. As a couple, enjoy walks, have a chat over coffee, pub quiz etc...

Richard
Did someone say golf?
send me your details and I'll see you on the first tee

Welcome to Tauranga )))
Old Oct 15th 2011, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

polly.glot will become famous soon enoughpolly.glot will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: New to NZ - Couple

Originally Posted by SparkyGaz
Did someone say golf?
send me your details and I'll see you on the first tee

Welcome to Tauranga )))
Are you a teacher, Richard? Welcome to our lovely part of the world!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

louise6357 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New to NZ - Couple

Hello All,

Richard
Hi Richard
my name is Jo & my husband is Rick.
We have lived in Tauranga for 4 years
We would be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat when you come to Tauranga.
Rick is just learning to play golf so maybe you could give him so pointers.
We are from the north east of England. Where are you guy's from?