Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to New Zealand

New to New Zealand

Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to New Zealand

Xmas eve at the races is usually a good day out.
they have trots and dogs on the same card and theres always a pretty good turn out
with picnics and sunshades on the grass banking in front of the pavillion
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:48 am
Just Joined

paulhanton is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe how helpful you all are, thank you.

Have already contacted badminton club, real passion of mine as I am a level 2 coach and play competitively here, well, as competitively as I can approaching fifty

Will definitely try and give people a shout when I get there...looking likely we will be living in Thompson street....I will be working at Waikeria Prison just SE of Kihkihi.....

Thanks for the tip on the bank as well, will give ASB a visit.

best,

Paul
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

and if you get home sick they sell Boddingtons bitter in the prince albert pub
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:40 am
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Justcol
Xmas eve at the races is usually a good day out.
they have trots and dogs on the same card and theres always a pretty good turn out
with picnics and sunshades on the grass banking in front of the pavillion
Yes , heard good things about xmas eve at the races first time visit last week and was impressed , event was nice and chilled. We were a bit green and didn't take picnic blankets / nibbles / drink so ' borrowed ' off some friends !!!!