Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

new mobile or not?

new mobile or not?

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

newtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nice
Default new mobile or not?

sorry for just banging out ridiculous question after ridiculous question but my hubby announced he's getting a new mobile with his job & my own hadn't occured to me.
what sort of packages do you have/use?
what sort of price are you paying for it?
i'm on such a good deal with orange here at the mo & am used to being on the phone A LOT for £40 per month. i'm sure to be texting like crazy for a while to begin with so will need something good for overseas.

like i said, sorry for the daft questions but they just keep coming to me...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice
Default Re: new mobile or not?

Bring your mobile with you. Make sure its unlocked or Vodaphone (you can unlock it on the internet for a small fee) You have got Telecom, which doesnt have sim cards. We pay $10.00 a month, pay as you go, for our daughter which allows her 2000 texts a month. Also I have best mates, which costs $6.00 a month, so I can call the other half as much as I want and text him for that.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

You could be a Billy No-Mates and proud owner of a social avoidance disorder like me and find you have no need for a mobile at all.

My lack of social skills saves me heaps of money.

Seriously though, get yourself a Vodafone mobile there (sure to be cheaper than here) and swap over the sim card when you get here.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Vodafone and am on a monthly package so got to choose my number. I algo got a texting plan. Can send 600 texts a month. Also have 90 mins international calling included. Very happy with Vodafone, absolutely no complaints.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 12:00 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Try these guys:
http://0044.co.uk/NewZealand.htm
I had a Nokia 6310i and bought a NZ Vodafone SIM card before I left England. Clever thing was we could give out our new NZ mobile numbers to everyone we knew. The only problem was the SIM doesn't work until its activated in NZ.

Last edited by asiatic; Apr 19th 2008 at 12:00 am. Reason: typo