Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Member - Looking for help

New Member - Looking for help

Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:51 am
Just Joined

larderraider is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: NZ Photo Thread - New

:scared: Hi all Sorry if this is in the wrong place but only just discovered this site.We may be going to NZ if the job offer comes through and we are just looking for advice and opinions on the place really from people who know.We have 2 kids 3 and 5 and the state of education etc and living standards , prices etc comparable to england would be a good start.
thanks in advance
larderraider
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ Photo Thread - New

Originally Posted by larderraider
:scared: Hi all Sorry if this is in the wrong place but only just discovered this site.We may be going to NZ if the job offer comes through and we are just looking for advice and opinions on the place really from people who know.We have 2 kids 3 and 5 and the state of education etc and living standards , prices etc comparable to england would be a good start.
thanks in advance
larderraider
Hi,
do you have any specifics about where you will be working and living. Its all a bit too general to give you much help at this stage....
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks in advance
larderraider
Hi Larderraider

Welcome to the forum. I reckon that a really good place to start would be the Really usefull thread at the top of the page. It is stuffed to the gunwhales with info and links for most questions about NZ.

Regards
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

larderraider is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Hi,
do you have any specifics about where you will be working and living. Its all a bit too general to give you much help at this stage....
Hi sadly i dont get to know until the offer.Its for THE WAREHOUSE which from what i beleive covers pretty much all of NZ.Ill drop a line when i know
thanks.I was just wondering what the lifestyle was like etc
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:46 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sadly i dont get to know until the offer.Its for THE WAREHOUSE which from what i beleive covers pretty much all of NZ.Ill drop a line when i know
Suggest you take half an hour to go down the list of some of the threads and read the ones that look interesting.
There are also some very good books to read, and a host of websites that will cover all sorts of aspects of Kiwi life.
When you have specific Q's then there will be loads of people that can enlighten you further.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:59 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
larderraider
Hi there larderraider (great name!!) and welcome to the site.....there is a lot of great info on the forum...have a read and give us a shout when you know where you're going and we'll see if we can help you a bit more....

Just off the cuff...

Education seems to vary depending on who you talk to as everybody's experience will be different as is the case in the UK too...

House prices in some areas seem to be a bit cheaper than some areas of the UK but about the same or even higher in other areas...have a look at www.realenz.co.nz for a bit of a guide.....

Living standards - cost of living doesn't seem to be that different to the UK from what I have seen although the wages do seem to be lower in some areas....again, this is very individual and depends on where you live and what you do!!!

Hope that helps get you off the ground...
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:35 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Larderraider. So your going to work for The Wharehouse huh?....The Wharehouse where everyone gets a bargin Yes your right in saying it covers all of NZ. Every city has several & its probably the most productve family owned business in NZ. Steve Tindall is one of NZ richest men & self made millionaires at that too. Im sure you will enjoy working for them.The lifestyle is great but Im biased so will leave some of NZ newest residents to help you with their opinions & advice.

Cheers
Shepslady