British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   A new low.....(shakes head) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-low-shakes-head-770648/)

hazeandsteve Sep 5th 2012 10:13 am

A new low.....(shakes head)

When I was training younger soldiers, we often abused the incompetent with phrases along the lines of "I'll need to teach you how to wipe your arse next!"

Now, having seen a trailer today, it appears there's a TV show about it. Words are beginning to fail me with the depths TV producers will sink to.

Mark Smith Sep 5th 2012 10:15 am

Re: A new low.....(shakes head)

Have you wiped properly? You're still very dirty down there.
Yep I say that one too. Thank goodness we don't pay a license fee.

waikatoguy Sep 5th 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 10264914)
When I was training younger soldiers, we often abused the incompetent with phrases along the lines of "I'll need to teach you how to wipe your arse next!"

Now, having seen a trailer today, it appears there's a TV show about it. Words are beginning to fail me with the depths TV producers will sink to.

What's it called and when's it on? Sounds entertaining.

Sue Sep 5th 2012 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10264989)
What's it called and when's it on? Sounds entertaining.

The mind boggles .... I'm not sure I want to know the content of this series :D

Chris-Napier Sep 6th 2012 11:17 am

I know the program....... I am always amazed that the 'public' who just drop in to see the Dr, only go to get help as they are too embarrassed to go and see their own GP........Errrrrr...... yet you lay there and show everything to the camera's and millions of viewers. This week is the limit...... arses...... no I couldn't face watching it thanks. Do you think these people get paid by the TV if they allow it to be screened? All very odd to me and of course, desperation by the TV who have nothing else to offer. As the other 'posts' said, at least we don't have to pay a tv license fee here!!!!

gaz1277 Sep 11th 2012 9:01 am

Embarrassing Bodies..........
You could, on the other hand, see it as education for those with similar ailments/diseases/things hanging out of holes:eek:...

But still people watch it, for the OMG factor.

scrubbedexpat094 Sep 22nd 2012 11:33 pm

I 'love' this show. Well I love the male doc anyway. Actually I think it breaks many taboos & as an health professional myself I think it's important that these taboos are broken down.

Having done a piece for the BBC on IVF back in 2000 or 2001, I'm quite sure that none of the people will be paid to appear. Good on these people I say for having the guts to show their bits. The docs have obviously done a great job in putting them at their ease.

Of course if you don't like this sort of thing then you don't need to watch it. I love watching ops & stuff. I also like to try & diagnose them before they are officially diagnosed :D.

Horses for courses.